December 15, 2014

Jouer Fall/Winter Haul

Fall/Winter colors are my favorite shades to wear in my clothes and of course, in my makeup. I love the deep, rich shades that add warmth and cozy-ness to any look.

Last year I purchased a few things from Jouer Cosmetics during a sale but I've been so behind in posting but better late than never. Unfortunately, a few of these products are discontinued or are on sale and possibly not sold anymore so get them while you can. 




  • Mini Luminizing Moisture Tint: Jouer's most popular product is the Luminizing Moisture Tint. I have the full-size in the shade Pearl but use it more in the Summer since it's a bit darker. I thought I'd try Opal which is the lightest of the 7 shades and a good Winter shade. I'm a fan of their Luminizing Tints because they give the skin a glow without looking too shiny or with glittery sparkles on the face. This set contains 4 tubes in 0.17 fl. oz./5 mL, compared to the 1.7 fl. oz/50 mL. Each tube could get around 4-6 uses for a full face or around 10-12 uses just for touch-ups. I'm sad they discontinued this because I think it's a great way to take one for traveling instead of carrying a full-size tube or even just keep one in your makeup for on-the-go reapplication.
  • Powder Eyeshadows: I bought 3 of their Powder Eyeshadows in Fall/Winter shades that compliment each other. Their shadows have a silky, smooth finish with nice pigmentation. They are a dry-to-wet formula so you can dampen your brush to intensify the color or use it as a liner. The shades I bought:
    • Buttercream: satin pale ivory
    • Pistachio: shimmery medium olive green
    • Mahogany: shimmery dark purple-brown
Right now, Buttercream is on sale so pick it up before it's gone.
  • Bougainvillea Mineral Powder Blush: Matte medium rose. This is a pretty rose-y shade that gives a natural flush to the cheeks, a just-got-in-fro-the-cold look. Their Mineral Powder Blushes are great for people who are heavy handed because they're easy to blend but pigmented enough to build up color.


  • Tints: For a sheer wash of color, Tints are a product you should check out. They are a cheek and lip cream product that is foolproof, you don't even need to use a brush to apply. I don't usually like multi-purpose products because sometimes they only work on one area of the face and and can be hard to work with. These are actually quite creamy and easy to blend with your fingers. The only downside I have with this product is that it doesn't set so you may need to reapply throughout the day but the compact is so small, it's not really a problem. To make it long lasting on the cheeks, you could set it with a matching powder blush on top. The shades I bought:
    • Bare: light pink-y nude
    • Dahlia: medium berry

Wearing Buttercream, Pistachio and Mahogany on the eyes:



Wearing Bougainvillea on the cheeks and Dahlia on the lips:






 Glamour Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails