October 07, 2014

THEFACESHOP: Black Sugar Products

After purchasing SKINFOOD Black Sugar Wash Off Mask in Japan, I was interested in finding other black sugar skincare products that I can purchase in the states. I was able to find two products by THEFACESHOP.

Phyto Powder in Cleansing Cream is a makeup remover cleanser with black sugar that is supposed to clean deep into the root of blackheads. It also has Green Tea and Olive extracts for antioxidants and moisture. The cream consistency is smooth, thick but is easily spreadable on the face to breakdown the makeup. I use tissues to wipe it off. I'm not sure if the brown sugar really cleans blackheads but the tiny specks just melts away. The cleanser works really well in removing my makeup and doesn't leave a greasy residue. It's hard to find a tissue-off cleanser/makeup remove that isn't too expensive and just gets the job done.

Honey Black Sugar Scrub is an exfoliater that removes blackheads with the black sugar and softens skin with honey extract. The directions say to massage on the face for 1-2 minutes, then wash off with warm water. It basically feels like a honey and sugar scrub, the granules are small and aren't too rough on the skin. Any dry patches that were on my face, especially on my T-zone and cheeks, feel smooth afterwards. The scrub is gentle enough to be used 1-2 times a week without irritating the skin.

What's nice about using black sugar in skincare products is that it leaves a sugary scent on your skin that is not overpowering. These two natural products will be sweet additions to my skincare routine.



 Glamour Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails