September 30, 2014

Nordstrom Beauty Trend Show: Giorgio Armani and YSL Haul

Recently I shopped at Nordstrom's Beauty Trend Show for the first time which is where you spend a certain amount and receive a gift. There were new products from Giorgio Armani and Yves Saint Laurent circulating beauty blogs that I just had to get my hands on so I thought it was the perfect time to shop.



I know I just posted a review on #6 Light Rose Sheer Blush and probably shouldn't have bought any more blushes but GA came out with "Fabric" powder blushes and bronzers. They possibly may be replacing the Sheer Blushes but for now they are still available on their website and even at my Nordstrom. Cheek Fabric Sheer Blush in #306 Attitude is a light pink-y coral with a satin-shimmer finish. The shimmer is barely visible on skin but gives a subtle glow on the cheeks. It has that silky, velvety texture that GA powders are known for but I find these new colors to be more vibrant and really brightens the face. I wouldn't say it's really sheer in pigmentation, you can definitely get good color payoff if you build it up.

For the Sun Fabric Sheer Bronzer, I bought #100 Pantelleria which is the lightest color out of the four shades. I'm a fan of their original Sheer Bronzer in #1 Brown Sand but I mainly used it under the cheek, sort of as a contour since it was too dark for all over bronzing. #100 is much more of a golden-yellow bronze shade that compliments my skin-tone well. The finish is more of a satin-matte that gives the skin a "glow from within" look. The Fabric Bronzer also includes a flat, domed -shaped brush that actually works pretty well for on-the-go application. I prefer to use a big powder brush however, such as the Real Techniques Multi-Task Brush, for all over bronzing or a smaller contour/blush brush, such as the Real Techniques Contour Brush, for more controlled application. I really love the new Fabric blushes and bronzers, the powders are so finely milled and blend effortlessly. I would definitely get more shades in the blushes and the bronzer has been my go-to since I've bought it.  

Makeup bag and samples I received with my purchase:


YSL launched a two-in-one product called Baby Doll Kiss & Blush, an air-whipped mousse to be used as a lip or cheek stain. I bought two shades: 08 Pink Pedoniste, a warm light pink and 11 Prune Impertinente, a deep reddish-plum. As you can see in the swatches, the color looks quite intense and glossy when you first apply it but once it's blended, it leaves a sheer matte finish. It has a tear-drop sponge applicator with a little round ball in the center that holds the product. To use as a blush, I just apply 3-4 dots on the apple's of my cheeks, then tap and blend outwards with my fingers. For the lips, I just apply and blend directly with the applicator. I like that you can build up the pigmentation for a bolder look or just wear a wash of color for a subtle look. It lasts pretty much all day on my cheeks but on lips, I have to reapply. This is probably one of my favorite lip & cheek products because while most multi-purpose products only work on one area of the face and and can be hard to work with, this creamy, blendable formula isn't drying. It's a great day-to-night product that's easy to use.

The last two YSL products aren't new but is a popular product. I actually mainly bought it for the packaging - the lip-shape applicator!

Gloss Volupte are customizable lip glosses with a finish that claims to have 10 times more shine than a traditional gloss. You can get almost full opaque coverage the more you layer it on, without having that sticky, goopy feeling on the lips. There are three different effects depending on what shade you get: Sparkling Effect (Golden Shades), Shimmering Effect (Iridescent Shades) and Crystal Effect (Pure Shades). There were so many colors to choose from but I picked colors that matched nearly identical to the Baby Doll shades I bought. 19 Rose Orfevre, Sparkling Effect, is a light warm pink with gold shimmer and 208 Fauve, Crystal Effect, is a deep burgundy-red.

The applicator isn't just for show, it actually has a purpose: the 3D curve of the lip fits the natural shape of your bottom lip, while the flat pointed tip on the other side fits the cupid's bow of your top lip. There's a little hole in the center that holds and deposits product evenly. I didn't think this shape of an applicator would make a difference but it makes the application effortless that I don't even need a mirror.The gloss has a fruity mango-peach scent to it that isn't too strong or offensive. It's pretty price for a lip gloss but I think the formula and applicator makes it worth it.

Makeup bag and samples I received:


The gift that came with my purchase actually wasn't in yet but my YSL SA Anela was kind enough to put together a little gift of samples to hold me over.


Me wearing GA's bronzer & blush, YSL Baby Doll Kiss & Blush in 8 Pink Hedoniste and Gloss Volupte in 19 Rose Orfevre:


Me wearing YSL Baby Doll Kiss & Blush in 11 Prune Impertinente and Gloss Volupte in 208 Fauve:






 Glamour Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails