August 14, 2014

M.A.C Pedro Lourenço Collection

Brazillian fashion designer Pedro Lourenço paired up with M.A.C to create a limited edition collection that reflects on his designs, a nude color palette with metallic touches. I'll be honest, I've never heard of this designer but when I saw the promotional images, I knew the collection was right up my alley.



The Nude Quad contains four matte and shimmery eyeshadows in various tones of nudes. It might seem like an underwhelming color palette but I love these for subtle enhancement to the eyes. All of the eyeshadows have great color payoff with a smooth texture. Shades include:
  • Pink Sands: Matte finish; light-medium pink beige, limited edition
  • All That Glitters: Veluxe Pearl finish; frosty golden peachy-champagne, permanent 
  • Rose Cloud: Matte finish; medium golden beige-brown, limited edition
  • Sable: Frost; frosty medium cool-tone bronze, permanent


This collection consisted of three red Lipsticks and one nude shade which is what I picked up. Peach Beige is pale beige with a hint of pinky-peach. It's an Amplified finish, one of my favorite formulas because it has opaque pigmentation with a satin sheen and a creamy texture that lasts long on the lips without feeling drying. Nudes can be hard to wear though, it can make your lips look corpse-like and your total look washed out. I like to use a nude lip liner that's slightly darker so there's definition around the lips. I also like to make sure there's a bit of color on my cheeks, a sheer wash of blush or even just bronzer, to balance the overall look.

The last two products I bought were the Tinted Lipglasses in Gold Mirror, a shimmery beige-gold, and Mirror, a shimmery silver. On its own it has a frosty, metallic finish to the lips that I honestly don't find too flattering. I love it over a lipstick though, for a multi-dimensional glossy look.


Some people may think this is a collection to pass on, the shades probably being similar to something you already have but I think the quality and the wearable shades makes it a pretty solid collection. I also love the packaging, the velvet black and metallic gold makes it look more elegant and chic. Although it's not the most unique collection, it's one of my favorites for a simple, sophisticated look.



 Glamour Girl

1 comment:

  1. These look amazing, hope they bring them out in South Africa!
    www.domesticatedlife84.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails