June 29, 2014

Japan Haul: Bourjois and Tangle Teezer Review

My final Japan haul post aren't actually by Japanese brands but are unavailable for me to try them out.

First are two makeup products by Bourjois. I remember using their products years ago when Sephora used to sell them but now seem to be sold internationally.
  • Healthy Mix Serum: Their foundations are one of the most popular products being reviewed ono blogs and on YouTube. There are two Healthy Mix foundations, the Serum formulated with vitamin-rich fruits including lychee, goji berries, and pomegranate to erase signs of fatigue and boost skin's radiance for up to 16 hours. It has a gel-liquid consistency that gives a semi-matte finish to the skin with light-to-medium coverage. There are only six shades available, fortunately No. 52 Vanille matched me pretty well. On my normal-combination, it lasts for a good 6-8 hours with a primer underneath and a powder set on top but I notice my skin starts to get a little shiny throughout the T-zone, which I suppose it gives the skin that "radiant" look. I like the natural looking finish and it doesn't feel heavy on the skin.
  • Healthy Mix Concealer: Bourjois has two Healthy Mix concealers, I bought the one in the squeeze tube that's for radiance and anti-fatigue. It's a "fruit-therapy" concealer that corrects dark circles with apricot, raspberry, and melon. There are only three shades to choose from and although No. 51 Eclat Claire Light Radiance is light enough for skin-tone and has enough of a peachy undertone to it to brighten my under eye area, it's still a very limited color selection. The consistency is creamy, easy to blend and has medium buildable coverage.
Lastly, I bought a hair product but a British brand called Tangle Teezer.

I didn't realize this was fast becoming a popular beauty product and it's not just for professionals. The Tangle Teezer comes in many colors and styles but I bought The Original in Pink Fizz. Having long hair, curling it and using styling products means my hair gets tangled easily but this brush does get out all the knots. This plastic brush has short and long teeth to detangle hair, even on damp hair, without tugging or hurting your scalp. It doesn't have a handle but the curvature of the brush fits in the palm of your hands comfortably.




 Glamour Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails