December 28, 2013

theBalm 50% Off Haul: Instain Blush and Bahama Mama Bronzer

Blush and bronzer can really liven up a face when you're looking washed out and need a little color. I bought two of the new Instain Blushes and the Bahama Mama Bronzer. I love the their cheek products because they come in slim cardboard packaging with a slip cover that you can toss or keep for extra protection. It has a magnetic closure and a mirror that makes it easy to apply on-the-go.


  • Instain Long-Wearing Powder Staining Blush: A powder formulated blush that is long-wearing like a stain blush. Each shade is named after patterns, with the designs showing on the inside of the cardboard. The cover even has a cute drawing of a girl looking like she's on the cover of a fashion magazine. I like how the packaging matches the blush color, it makes it easier to grab the blush you need. The textures are smooth but it does take some time to blend since the pigment is so concentrated. Only a light tap of your brush is needed and you have to buff it out well so you don't have doll cheeks. I find the wear time to be long lasting, it has become my go-to blushes when I have to wear makeup all day. Colors I bought:
    • Argyle: matte medium pink
    • Houndstooth: satin medium mauve

  • Bahama Mama Bronzer, Shadow & Contour Powder: A matte medium neutral powder that can be used as a bronzer, an eyeshadow, and for contouring. Using a no-shimmer bronzer will give depth to the face. I like that there isn't any orange-y tones to it so it will flatter most skin-tones. I mainly use this for contouring because I find it a little too dark and flat to be used as a bronzer. You can sweep this across the crease of your eyes if you need quick definition. The texture is easy to blend with nice medium pigmentation.

I really like the new Instain blushes and will definitely get the rest of the shades. Bahama Mama is a great multi-purpose product, especially for travelling. What do you think of theBalm's cheek products?



 Glamour Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails