December 01, 2013

Cortex 4-in-1 Clipless Curling Iron Set Review

Curly and wavy hair is my favorite hairstyle to wear. Because I have black hair, the curls adds shape and shine from light bouncing off of it. I've been using the Cortex 4-in-1 Curling Iron Set for over a year now, I actually received it as a Christmas present last year and am finally getting around to reviewing it.
























This set includes 4 interchangeable ceramic clip-less curling rods in sizes: 1.5 inch, 1.25 inch, three-quarter inch and a gradation rod that goes from half inch to an inch; and one heat-resistant glove. Clip-less curling irons give a natural textured look to your curls because the curls twist as you're wrapping around the iron. The ends of your hair aren't completely curled either because you're holding onto the ends and so that also gives it a piece-y, beachy look. With a traditional clamp curling iron, it can sometimes leave a harsh dent on your hair but a clip-less iron leaves it smooth and crimp-free.

A clip-less iron can take some getting use to though because you have to hold the iron in one hand and hold the section of hair in the other. Using the glove is suggested especially for first time users, just so you don't burn the tips of your fingers and so you can get the hang of it. I still managed to burn the inside of my forearm because the gloves don't protect that area. I also found it difficult to hold the section of hair with the gloves on so I personally don't use it.

To change the barrels, you push two buttons at the same time then pull the barrel. It can heat up to 430˚ F and has a swivel cord to prevent tangling. I haven't used all the sizes but I generally stick to 1.25 inch and three-quarter inch barrels. The 1.5 inch is great if you have super long hair or just want to create body and soft waves. The gradation barrel is great if you want tighter curls at the ends Below are a couple of examples of what kinds of curls you can create, although I can't remember which sizes I used.



Having four different sizes with one handle makes it fun to change up your look. If you're not used to hot hair tools or are a little clumsy, this might not be the right tool for you. I personally love using it, despite getting injured and it has become one of my favorite styling tools. What do you think of clip-less curling irons? Do you find it better or worse than using one with a clamp?



 Glamour Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails