September 10, 2013

Easy Temporary Hair Color

I'm always looking out for ways to change up my hair without the commitment. I've bought Alterna Stylist Temporary Color Mousse Night Highlights which can be a little messy but I found two products that are much easier to use.
  • Sultra Clip-in Color Hair Extension: Each box comes with 2 gram 14 inches of 100% Indian Remy human hair. You can do everything as you would with real hair: curl it, flat iron it, style it however you want. It only comes with one extension piece which is fine if you just want a streak of color peeking through. If you want color all around your hair, you would need to buy several boxes and that can be a little pricey. I have two sets of  Royal Violet and Lapis Blue to wear on each side of my head. As you can see in the photo, the colors are bright enough to show through black hair.


  • Sultra Hair Palette Color Hair Mascara: Colored mascara to add streaks of color or apply to the tips of your hair. You apply it just like you would apply mascara on your lashes, running the wand throughout your hair. It suggests to let the product dry for about 5 minutes then brush or comb it through so the color is blended in. My fingers got a little dirty when I touched my hair while the product was still wet, especially when I had to hold a piece of hair to color the tips. Once it's completely dry though, it doesn't flake off or get on my clothes. I would wear a towel over my shoulders or an old when applying and then change into your clothes after it dries. The product claims to stay on for two days but is easily washes out with shampoo. I have all four colors which aren't super bright when worn but do show up even on black hair. You can wear the colors individually or wear multiple colors to create a fun gradient look. I usually like my hair curly/wavy so I style my hair first then apply the colored mascara since I'm not sure if the hot styling tool will melt the product and make a mess. Below are a few examples of how the colors look on my hair.



I really love these temporary hair color products. They're easy to use and instantly change up your look without anything drastic or permanent. What do you think of temporary hair color products? What's your favorite pop of color to add in your hair?



 Glamour Girl

2 comments:

  1. could you tell me which colors you used in the photos above? tia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm wearing Ultra Pink in the grey top, Lapis Blue and Capri Coral in the blue top. :)

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails