August 18, 2013

Chic Shopaholic: M.A.C Tropical Taboo and Nudes & Metallics Collection

Summer is nearly over but I wanted to share what I bought from M.A.C's Tropical Taboo Collection and Nudes & Metallics Collection. They consist of Summer colors but they can transition into Autumn colors well. Here's what I got!


Tropical Taboo Collection

  • Adored Mineralize Skinfinish: Limited edition. This collection contained mostly mineral type products, e.g. eyeshadows, blushes, etc. I'm not usually a huge fan of them but I do like the Skinfinishes and . These are nice to add a touch of sheen to the tops of your cheekbones and depending on the color and your skin-tone, you  can use them as a blush. Adored has a mix of orange-coral shimmer and pink-y beige pearl. I specifically bought this for the pink-y beige color, as I thought it was something different to all the gold or bronze-y highlighters out there. Blended all together, it gives a subtle coral-y pink blush. The mineralized products are baked so they have a soft, finely milled powder texture that is very easy to blend and the more you buff it in, more of the shimmer comes out.

Nudes & Metallics Collection

This wasn't actually released for the Summer but exclusive to PRO stores and online. It's a collection of monochromatic neutrals and metallic deep  plum-berry tones for eyes, cheeks and lips.
  • Eyeshadows: I bought two of the nude shades and one of the metallic shades, all of which are limited edition. All of them have great pigment and smooth texture. I think these colors would work on anyone but would especially look good on brown and green eyes. Colors I bought:
    • Crimson Tryst: Veluxe Pearl finish; shimmery medium-dark cranberry
    • Exposed: Satin finish; matte with barely there shimmer medium terracotta brown
    • Glimpse of Flesh: Satin finish; pearly sheen light peachy beige

  • Stylish Me Powder Blush: Satin finish, limited edition; medium muted russet reddish brown with a subtle sheen. It's a color that I don't usually wear but I thought it was something different to have among my usual peachy-pink, coral and neutral blushes. I think this shade would be especially flattering on olive and darker skin-tones. Very little of the product is needed to show up on the skin, just a couple of taps with your blush brush. If you apply too much it can make your cheeks look too flushed but a touch of loose powder can help tone it down.


What are your thoughts on these two collections? Any favorite products?



 Glamour Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails