August 14, 2013

Chic Shopaholic: Jouer Friends & Family 30% Off Friends & Family Sale

A few months ago Jouer Cosmetics had a 30% off Friends & Family sale. I bought some new that I had to try out and a few cult-favorite products.


  • Porcelain Matte Moisture Tint: After creating their award winning Luminizing Moisture Tint, Jouer released a matte version. Porcelain is the lightest shade in the 5-color range and matches me well. It has SPF 15 that protects both UVA and UVB rays, as well as Vitamins A, C and E. Free of fragrance and oil, it's also hypoallergenic, noncomedogenic and suitable for all skin types. Most tinted moisturizers have a dewy, glowy finish so a matte formula is great for people oil skin or for anyone who just likes a matte finish. It has light buildable coverage but you may need concealer on areas that it doesn't cover, such as blemishes or high pigmentation scars.  You can effortlessly apply and blend with fingers or with my favorite tool, Real Techniques Buffing Brush. Powder isn't needed to mattify and it lasts all day with primer underneath and a makeup setting spray on top. The sleek squeeze tube has a matte finish as well to differentiate between the shiny finish tube for the Luminizing Moisture Tint.
  • Bloom Mineral Powder Blush: A matte soft apricot shade. I really like Jouer's powder blushes because the textures are smooth, easy to blend and the colors are very wearable. The minerals diffuse light while Japanese Green Tea powder, Vitamins A, C and E to protect against from free radicals. You can see what the blush looks like on in my Summer Matte Skin, Soft Gold Eyes, Coral Lips Look.
  • Creme Eyeshadow Crayons: Twist-up crayon eyeshadows with a built-in sharpener at the end. They have a waterproof, crease resistant formula that will last. I still use eyeshadow primers underneath to ensure all day long wear but I like that I don't have to use a powder eyeshadow on top to stop it from creasing and fading unless I want to intensify the color. To apply, you just gently rub the crayon on your lids then blend with fingers or a synthetic brush. Once blended, it has sheerer pigmentation but it can be layered on without it looking cake-y or flaking off. I like these better than their Creme Eyeshadows that are in the compacts because they actually set once it's dry. The crayons are quite soft and can easily break off if you twist them up to high or rub too hard when applying on your lids, so be be aware of that. I don't really use the built in sharpener but if you want to use the eyeshadows as liners, then they can be handy. These are great to do a quick and simple smokey eye or wherever you can do your makeup on the go. Colors I bought:
    • Rococo: shimmery lighten golden cream
    • Renaissance: shimmery dark red-plum


  • Powder Eyeshadows: Their Powder Eyeshadows are my go-to product for uncomplicated eye looks because the colors just go to together without having to over think it. The textures are silky smooth and don't take much time to blend. You can also apply them with a damp brush to use as a liner or enhance the color. Colors I bought:
    • Caramel: shimmery warm-gold
    • Bordeaux: shimmery dark eggplant
  • Bellini Tinted Lip Enhancer: I'm a fan of their Essential Lip Enhancer and so when they came out with colored versions, I had to get one. Bellini is sheer peach shade. Just like their regular lip enhancers, they have their trademark Maxi Lip which increases fullness while decreasing fine lines. I don't use to plump my lips but I like it because it's moisturizing and has a glossy sheen. It's basically a fancy lip balm but it's great to have in your purse to add a hint of color while hydrating your lips throughout the day.


Have you tried any of these new or cult-favorite Jouer products? 



 Glamour Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails