Hautelook.com is one of the best sites to buy theBalm products since they're often sold at a great discount. Recently they had a 50% deal and so I bought a few things that I've been wanting plus a couple of products that I was interested in trying.
- Meet Matt(e) Nude Palette: A palette containing 9 matte eyeshadows. It's sort of the sister palette to the original Meet Matt(e) Palette which seems to be discontinued. It has a mix of browns and greys that can be used as base, crease or liner colors and a white shade that can be used as a highlight. The tones are more on the warmer side compared to the original Meet Matt(e) and the sizes of the shadows are at least twice the size. This doesn't come with a brush like the other theBalm palettes but it does have a nice sizable mirror. Shades include:
- Matt Johnson: dark grey
- Matt Garcia: dark red brown
- Matt Malloy: white
- Matt Rosen: medium chocolate brown
- Matt Wood: dark espresso
- Matt Singh: medium peachy brown
- Matt Abdul: medium grey
- Matt Lombardi: medium yellow beige
- Matt Hung: medium plum
- Eye Believe Powder to the People Brush: I bought another Powder to the People Brush after liking two of their multi-tasking eye brushes that I've already bought.
- Eyebrow Brush: Angled, stiff brush. Can be used with powder brow products to fill in brows but also for eyeliner with powder eyeshadows.
- Eyeliner Brush: Medium pointed, tapered brush. Can be used for eyeliner as well as defining the crease.
- Sexy Mama: Anti-Shine Translucent Powder has oil-absorbing spheres to mattify the skin. You can use it set your makeup or as a touch-up powder to blot shine throughout the day. The translucent shade works on any skin tone without making it look ashy. The slim compact comes with a mirror and can fit in any purse or even your back pocket, for easy travel.
- Liquid TimeBalm: Spot Concealer with Tea Tree Oil treats blemishes while covering them. Tea Tree Oil is know for its natural antibacterial and soothes the skin. Fair is the lightest shade out of the colors they come in and matches well on my skin tone. Since this product is only used on blemishes, you might be able to get away with whatever shade is closest to your skin tone. It has a sponge applicator but I don't like to apply it directly on the blemish as it will hold bacteria. Instead, I apply the product on the back of my hand then use a separate brush to apply on my face. The texture has a creamy consistency that doesn't look cakey or feel heavy. It has medium coverage with a slight dewy finish. Sometimes it doesn't completely cover the redness or wears off after a few hours so I like to apply a full coverage concealer like M.A.C Studio Finish Concealer SPF 35 on top and set it with loose powder or a powder foundation.
- Overshadow Mineralize Eyeshadow: Shimmering All-Mineral Eyeshadows are loose pigments that can be used on top of other shadows for a shimmery effect. I like to apply it over cream shadows just on the center of the lid to highlight. Work is Overrated is a shimmery pale pink-y beige with silver shimmer. You can apply it dry or with a damp brush for more of a frostier finish.
What deals have you gotten recently from Hautelook?
♥ Glamour Girl