June 15, 2013

Beauty Budget: L'Oreal Elnett Satin Hairspray - Extra Strong Hold Unscented

It's not just Makeup Artists that use drugstore products but even Hair Stylists, too. A product that I've seen in many pro kits is the L'Oreal Elnett Satin Hairspray. These come in different formulas: Strong Hold, Extra Strong HoldExtra Strong Hold with UV filter for Color-Treated Hair, and even a travel size Extra Strong Hold.

I bought the Extra Strong Hold Unscented Hair Spray as I'm usually quite sensitive to fragranced products. It's a brushable hairspray, meaning if you're styling your hair but need to redo it, you can easily brush it out. At the same time, if you really want to keep the style in place, it will hold all day.

Even though this is an extra strong holding hairspray, it dispenses a fine mist that you can build but doesn't leave any flakes in the hair. I use this mostly on updos such as high buns and top-knots, smoothing frizz or baby hairs at the hairline, as well as for teasing/backcombing since it will really hold the volume. I don't particularly like using it when my hair is down, holding curls for example, because I like it to feel touchable. If you want light hold, use short spurts at 8-10 inches away, just where you need it. The more you spray, the more it holds. It can feel a little stiff and crunchy if you use too much, so try not to over do it.

Another bonus to this product is that it's easy to use. I hate sprays that need to press really hard or even have to use both hands to press down. The large can will last for a long time, too.

For a drugstore product, this is a really good quality hairspray. I would probably buy it even if it was sold at a salon. I was able to find this at CVS, although it was actually sold out for a while.

What are your favorite drugstore hairsprays?



♥ Glamour Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails