LORAC have created new PRO products that blogs and YouTube videos have been raving about and I was interested in trying them. You can purchase their products from their own website, loraccosmetics.com and sephora.com but I shopped from beauty.com when they had a 20% off sale Friends & Family sale.
- PRO Palette: This is probably the most popular product from the PRO line and has the most versatility with 16 eyeshadows in various finishes. The shades work well together to create looks for any occasion and are wearable on pretty much everyone. The textures are smooth, pigmented and can be used with a damp brush to use as a liner. Colors include:
- White: satin white
- Cream: matte pale yellow cream
- Taupe: matte medium golden brown
- Light Pink: matte pale pink
- Mauve: matte medium muted plum-brown
- Sable: matte dark muted-red brown
- Espresso: matte dark coffee brown
- Black: matte black
- Nude: shimmery pale peach
- Champagne: shimmery pale beige with silver shimmer
- Gold: metallic warm orange-y gold
- Light Bronze: shimmery light golden beige
- Pewter: shimmery medium taupe
- Garnet: shimmery medium red-copper
- Deep Purple: shimmery blackened-purple
- Slate: shimmery dark blue-grey
- Behind the Scenes Eye Primer: The palette comes with a mini eyeshadow primer that is great for travel. It's formulated to be free of oil, fragrance and parabens and has a thin, creamy consistency. It has a sheer pale beige color that helps neutralize discoloration on the eyes but is barely visible once blended in and doesn't alter the eyeshadows you use on top. Just like other eye primers on the market, it prevents eyeshadows from creasing, fading and wear true to color.
There are two different types of eyeliners in the PRO line, one in a liquid form and the other a cream.
- Black Front of the Line PRO: A water-resistant, smudge proof and long-wearing liquid eyeliner. The applicator has a tapered bristles that comes to a fine point to draw the thinnest of lines and winged liners with control and precision. It's easy to apply with no uneven patchiness or flaking and lasts all day unless my eyes are watery, which will then rub off a bit at the outer corners. I like that the black is opaque but wish the finish was matte, instead of the slight sheen it sets to.
- Black PRO Cream Eyeliner + Brush: Long-wearing cream eyeliner formulated with Vitamins E and C and comes with a built in brush. Consistency is smooth to apply with high pigment that you could even use as a cream eyeshadow base. It stays well on my top lash line but isn't ideal for the waterline. The packaging is similar to the Canmake Gel Eyeliner that I bought a couple years ago in Japan and makes this type of product great for traveling. To use the brush, all you have to do is pull the gunmetal cap, flip it over, then attach it back onto the cap. The brush is small and tapered to apply thin lines, you just have to make sure to clean it in between uses so there's no product build-up.
- Couture Shine Liquid Lipstick: A combination of an opaque lipstick with the shine and formula of a gloss. Contains hyaluronic acid to hydrate and fill in fine lines, jojoba and sweet almond oil to soften and smooth lips, and oriza sativa bran extract to nourish and protect. The consistency is bit thick with a tacky texture but helps keeps it long-wearing for a few hours. The brush is very small and splays out when you first open it but after you use it a few times, the bristles come together. The two shades I bought:
- Trend Setter: shimmery light peachy pink champagne
- Glam: shimmery medium warm rose-y pink
- Rosy Glow PRO Powder Cheek Stain: 12-hour long-wearing powder blush stain. Infused with Vitamins A, C and E, pomegranate, green and white tea, grape seed extracts and aloe to nourish and protect, as well as hyaluronic acid to keep skin hydrated and free of fragrance and parabens. Rosy Glow is a medium rose-plum with silver shimmer, which gives a subtle glow to the cheeks. The texture is smooth, easy to blend nicely pigmented. I haven't worn it for the complete length of time on my cheeks that the product claims to last to see if it does last that long but it has pretty good wear time for about 5-6 hours.
- aquaPRIME Oil Free Makeup Primer: This is not part of their PRO line but I wanted to give it a try because it's a water-based face primer that I thought would be good for dry skin. Free of fragrance, silicone, oil and contains Sodium Hyaluronate to minimize the look of fine lines, it's supposed to moisturize the skin to help the makeup apply smoothly. It has a clear gel texture that feels like putting water on your face which is lightweight and refreshing. The pump packaging makes it easy and sanitary to dispense the product with no mess or waste. I don't really know if it keeps my makeup lasting a lot longer versus not using it but it's just a nice hydrating product to add to your routine if your skin needs a pick me up. Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be on their website or anywhere else, so it might be discontinued.
LORAC is quickly becoming one of my favorite brands. Their quality is something the professionals would use in their kit, yet it's easy to use and can be worn by the everyday woman. I definitely want to explore the brand more and hope they expand the line with new innovative products. What are your favorite LORAC products?
♥ Glamour Girl