March 11, 2013

Chic Shopaholic: Dorothy Perkins 15% Off Additional Sale

It's been a while since I ordered from Dorothy Perkins but they recently had a sale where they offered 15% off on top of their already reduced items and so I was able to snag some great deals on dressier pieces.

Peplum styles are seen everywhere and so I wanted to try it myself. I bought a short-sleeve top in a deep purple color, with a gold zipper at the back. It's simple yet nice for a polished look for any occasion, paired with black leggings or black jeans and the skirt just adds a subtle shape to the body.


For a sophisticated look, I bought a gold heart strapless dress. It's more of a metallic taupe-gold with gems along  the neckline, which is a pretty touch of sparkle to the dress. This cocktail length dress would go perfectly with a black or cream blazer.


If you've seen my clothing hauls often enough, you probably know I love jackets. I obviously don't need any more but couldn't help to buy two from the sale.

The first one is a knit cardigan with sequins at the shoulders. The soft textured material has a mix of pink, beige, cream and black and the sequins are a pretty champagne color. I bought it because I thought it would be a great piece to just throw on over a basic outfit for a casual look. The 3/4 sleeve keeps you warm enough on those cool Spring days. As you can see in my Instagram photo, wearing it with a charcoal grey tank top and jeans keeps it simple yet the sequins make it a little more glam than your typical cardigan.


















The second jacket is a cropped metallic black and silver tuxedo style. The patterned brocade material makes any look edgy and ready for a flashy outfit. You can wear it with basic colors or for something a little different, a bright colored top like the one I'm wearing below (Emelie Lace Corset Top from boohoo.com). It's a fun trendy piece that makes you feel sharp and stylish all at the same time.


What bargains did you get from the sale?



 Glamour Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails