butter London is a British brand known for its fashion-inspired colors and their 3-free nails: free of Formaldehyde, Toluene and Parabens. I've always wanted to try their Nail Lacquers but many sites don't ship to Hawaii. Fortunately for me, there was a 30% off Friends & Family sale at the end of last year on their website and ship to the US.
Their polishes come in rectangular packaging with a removable cap. The cap that holds the brush has a print of the Queen's crown in white at the top. With many other nail polishes I've tried, they either look streaky or bubble up and look bumpy, even with proper waiting time in between each coat, but these apply smoothly and the brush fits the nail perfectly. They last for about 4-5 days with a base and top coat and I'm sure longer with daily reapplication of the top coat. The consistency are generally light and smooth, no thick goopy texture and is easy to apply.
Onto the colors...
- Top & Tails Set: A set that comes with a base and top coat. As you can see, they are much larger than their Nail Lacquers which I think is a good idea since I would use them more than the nail color.
- Nail Foundation Flawless Basecoat: Stain resistant, non-toxic base coat in a sheer nude, matte finish. Not only can you use it under color polishes but you can wear it alone to smooth and hide ridges in the nail. I like that it has a little color to it to even out any discoloration and just makes the nails look polished and natural looking when wearing it on its own.
- Hardware P.D. Quick Topcoat: P.D. Quick, or Pretty Darn Quick top coat, protects the nail color and adds a shiny finish.
- The Heavy Medal Collection: I've been wanting metallic nail polishes and this is the perfect set that is influenced by Olympic medals. I like that it has the metallic finish without the chunky glitter. It's a great as a set but the shades can be bought individually.
- The Full Monty: light metallic gold, US only
- Diamond Geezer: platinum silver
- The Old Bill: light metallic burnished copper, US only
I bought 3 more metallic lacquers individually:
- Chimney Sweep: dark charcoal grey with metallic silver. Great for the Winter color or for edgy nails.
- Wallis: dark metallic olive with metallic gold. A Fall/Autumn color or something different for dark nails.
- Fairy Lights: light rose-pink with metallic silver, US only. Girly, dazzling nails.
For neutral colors, I bought:
- Yummy Mummy: light-medium grey-beige with silver shimmer. bL calls it their "magic" lacquer, as it's supposed to work on every skin tone. On my light skin, it brings out the beige tone. A unique shade to add to your collections of nudes.
- Muggins: pale creamy opaque grey-lilac. A soft muted shade for Spring or an alternative to nude nails.
Then I picked one bright and one dark shade to round it off.
- Macbeth: bright creamy warm-red coral. Beautiful color for the Summer or a nice alternative to a traditional red.
- Tramp Stamp: dark creamy chocolate red-brown, US only. A rich color for vampy nails.
I was really happy with what I bought that I made another order. I chose the colors keeping my mom in mind since she loves bright shades for her toes.
- Knees Up: metallic neutral red. A classic shade for retro-glam nails.
- Slapper: electric creamy blue-teal. Perfect pop of color for the Summer.
- Jaffa: vibrant creamy orange. A fun, punchy color.
- Snog: creamy rose-pink. Feminine yet striking color.
- Disco Biscuit: hot-pink with blue iridescent shimmer. Flashy and loud.
I'm really impressed with the quality and shade selection from butter London. I especially like the sets as they're obviously a better deal than buying individually. You can wear one color on all your nails or for a trendier look, mix and match or design fun patterns on each nail. What are your favorite shades from butter London?
♥ Glamour Girl