December 13, 2012

24th Birthday Gifts

For my 24th birthday this year, I got a mix of fashion and beauty products as gifts.

Although I don't color my hair, it's still a little damaged at the ends from heating tools that I use. I've never tried TIGI shampoos and conditioners but my mom found TIGI Catwalk Headshot Heavenly Hydrating Shampoo at Ross. It has rose hip oil and ginseng extracts to replenish moisture and shine. It has a floral-minty scent to it and leaves my hair feeling soft without weighing down my hair. I believe this size is for salons because the consumer size comes in a small tube.

My mom also got me some clothes, the first one is a red tunic dress also from Ross. It has black hearts with a wide black belt and it would pair perfectly with black leggings for a cute girly outfit.

She also got me two things from GUESS. The first piece is a medium wash denim jacket. The sleeves are long with crease marks for a more worn out look. It's a true jean jacket that is a great staple piece for casual looks.

Then she got me a t-shirt in a deep burgundy shade with the saying, "LIFE IS FASHION IS LIFE". I love v-neck cuts, they are a flattering to elongate your neckline. A t-shirt is a good basic piece for everyday wear but with a colored shirt, it gives the outfit a little bit more pop.



Then I received more t-shirts from my mom's friends, Wes and Patrick, all the way from Paris! Two shirts in black with an Eiffel Tower on one and a cute kitty on the other, and a white shirt with the Eiffel Tower and "Oh la la Paris" on it. 



My sister Vicki gave a white studded and rhinestone foldover clutch from EXPRESS. It has a gunmetal chained  shoulder strap that you can detach and just slip your hand through the decorative strap to hold it. It has a cool, edgy style to it that would go well with a leather jacket, rocker look.

She also got me a NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream which is a product that I've heard about and wanted to try. Addis Ababa is a bright fuchsia in a creamy finish with medium-to-full coverage. The formula is supposed to be like a liquid lipstick that sets on the lips to a matte finish. The texture is smooth and glides on easily with the doe-foot applicator and leaves a light satin finish to the lips. It clams to be moisturizing but it kind of has a waxy texture to it. It also has an odd fruity scent that I'm personally not a fan of. For a drugstore brand, it's not a bad product but I don't think I would try the other colors.


My friend Hikari gave me a little gift, her favorite gloss, Dior Addict Lip Maximizer High Volume Lip Plumper. It comes in one shade, 001 Pink, which is a sheer baby pink. It has collagen and marine-based fillers to smooth and moisturize the lips, and in just 15 days, it's supposed to be noticeably fuller and defined. I haven't used it 15 days straight but when I wear it, it has a minty, tingly feeling to my lips but doesn't have an irritating or burning sensation like some other lip plumpers do. The texture is slightly tacky but smooth to apply with the doe-foot applicator. I don't really notice my lips looking any fuller but it has a pretty shine that can be worn on its own or other lip products.

The last few things, I got for myself:
  • A GLAM PUNK t-shirt from Forever 21.


  • I've always wanted a cocktail ring but many of them tend to be too big in design and fit. I bought this Crystal Cushion Ring by Sorrelli at Nordstrom in the Blue Jean Dream that fit me perfectly. The  bauble stone is in a deep purple-blue color, surrounded by crystals and set on an antique gold finish double woven rope adjustable band. It's the perfect size that it doesn't overwhelm my fingers and hands but is still a sophisticated statement piece.
  • Sephora gives you a free beauty gift for being a Beauty Insider member and this year the gift was Fresh Sugar Kisses Mini Lip Duo. It comes with two Sugar Lip Treatments in small 0.08 oz. sizes compared to their 0.15 oz. full size. It's blended with oils, waxes and real sugar to nourish, protect and plump the lips. The texture is really soft, almost too soft that if you're not careful, the stick can break off in the tube or it could melt if leave it in a warm place. Sugar Rose is a sheer strawberry pink encased in a pale metallic pink tube, and Sugar is colorless encased in a metallic red-brown tube. Both have SPF 15 and they are the perfect sizes to take with you on the go, Rose adding a hint of color to your lips while keeping it moisturized.

I had a really nice quiet birthday this year, not really asking for anything but just spending it with my family and friends. :)

My family and I at Michel's.
L-R: Vicki, grandma and mom.


























Hikari and I having a post-birthday lunch at Jade Dynasty Seafood Restaurant.






























Glamour Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails