November 29, 2012
An Autumn-Fall look using products from the Giorgio Armani Acqua Collection.
November 16, 2012
Along with discovering new beauty products, I've also bought new clothes and accessories.
"Peter Pan" collars are everywhere in fashion and at Forever 21, I bought four blouses with them on. The first two are sleeveless in sheer cream and black. Both tops have a beaded neckline in gold and brown tones. They can be worn with a nice blazer over it with dress pants for a polished evening look or on its own over jeans for a daytime casual look.
The third top is a sheer cream button-up sleeveless, with a sparkly gold sequined Peter Pan collar. The tail on the back is a little longer than the front, which I've also noticed is another trend. Then the last blouse I bought is a beige button-up with black uneven spots. It's actually a crop top but on me, it fits perfectly at my waist. Again, both tops can be worn for a sophisticated night look or a simple day outfit.
Then I had to get this fuchsia pink jacket, also at F21. It has a fabric material with silver zipper detail. It can add a pop of color to a neutral outfit or contrast with blues, orange, or greens for a fun color blocking look.
Two other things I got from F21 were a sweater-dress and a basic shirt. The sweater dress is in a light mint color with small black hearts all over. You can pair with black leggings or jeans for a cute girly outfit.
I've been looking for a plain v-neck shirt in a thin cotton material and after much searching, I finally found one I like. It can be a pain to find basic pieces that you like but are worth it to have in your wardrobe. I've worn this shirt with my bebe leather jacket and jeans for a classic rocker look, but it could also be paired with bright colored pants for more of a subtle color blocking.
A fun accessory I picked up at F21 as well is this knitted taupe hat. It has a bit of sparkle throughout and a flower that you wear to the side. Hats are great to wear in the Fall when it's a little cold out to keep your head warm plus, it's also good for bad hair days.
Sometimes you just want to wear a t-shirt and jeans when doing errands and so I bought this cute red Tokidoki shirt at Nordstrom, which has a metallic silver heart and an X underneath.
I've been in love with Lulu Guinness Lip Clutch and found a knock-off of it at ALDO's called a Red Chevez Bag. There are three ways you can wear it: use the long gold chain as a shoulder bag, attach the strap to wear it as a wristlet, or remove both to carry as a clutch. I love to use as a statement piece to my outfit. I carried the bag on a night out to dinner for my birthday, wearing a sequined strapless dress and studded black leather jacket for a glam-rock look.
Lastly to end my shopping spree, I bought some rings. At Banana Republic, two 5-stacked rings in black-silver and white-silver, and a gold 3-stacked ring with a tiny blue stone on it.
Then at a Japanese store that I've never shopped from before but my sister likes, called Spiral Girl, I bought this spiked set. One is in black and the other rusty silver with dots on the black spikes.
What are your favorite pieces that I've bought? Have you worn any new fashion trends that are going on right now?
♥ Glamour Girl
November 11, 2012
The past couple of months I've discovered some new beauty products, some I love and some not so much.
First up, hair products that I found at T.J.Maxx:
- Batiste Dry Shampoo: When my hair is a little greasy or dirty from products and I need to style but I don't have time to wash my hair, dry shampoo is the best product ever invented for hair. It absorbs excess oil and makes the hair feel clean without using shampoo or water. To use, you simply shake the aerosol can, lift a section of hair, spray underneath at the roots then distribute the powder with your fingers or a brush. I use near the front of the hairline, especially the pieces where they frame the face, as well as on the top of the crown. While refreshing the hair, it can also add a bit of volume and body. Batiste makes the dry shampoo in many scents, the one I bought is in "Brit" scent which has the British flag design. Hard to say what Brit smells like - sort of old lady-ish? - but it is quite strong and fortunately the scent doesn't linger in my hair. The powder comes out white but once you brush it through, it disappears even on my black hair. This is not my favorite dry shampoo but for the price, it gets the job done.
- Sebastian Professional Shaper Zero Gravity: I'm a fan of Sebastian hairsprays, having bought the Shaper Hairspray over and over again. Shaper Zero Gravity is a lightweight, brush-able light holding hairspray. You can use it as a prepping product with heat styling tools or to set the style. Shaper gives a finer mist of spray, while Zero Gravity is still light but has build-able hold. It doesn't flake on my hair or make it feel sticky with residue.
Then my mom's friend has access to getting a discount at Sephora and was kind enough to get me a couple of things when my mom met up with her for lunch.
- Bumble and Bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil: Six blend of oils and two extracts to tame frizzes and add shine. It has UVA/UVB filter and protection from heat styling tools. You can also apply it after styling to finish the look, to smooth fly-aways and make it look healthy. The thin, lightweight formula doesn't make my hair feel greasy or oily, instead it makes it feel super soft and touchable.
For makeup, I've been wanting to try a Benefit They're Real! mascara from the rave reviews I've read and my sister being a fan herself. I got the World's #1 Mascara set which includes a mini travel version along with the full size. The lengthening, curling and volumizing formula doesn't claim to be waterproof but it does say it is long wearing. There are tiny bristles on the domed-shape tip of the brush that helps get the tiny inner and outer corners lashes, as well as the lower lashes. I like that the formula isn't too runny or dry and the color is very black. Although it's not waterproof, it doesn't smudge underneath my eyes or flake off and holds a curl pretty well. If I apply a second coat though, it does start to clump a bit. It's a nice mascara but for some reason I can't say it's my favorite.
I needed to restock my skincare routine with moisturizers so I bought one from two different brands.
- Origins Make a Difference Ultra Rich Rejuvenating Cream: For dry/very dry skin. This moisturizer hydrates and repairs deep into the skin all day. It has quite a thick texture so I like to use it as a night cream, especially under my eye/cheek area where it's most dry. It doesn't feel oily or heavy but my skin feels more supple.
- Clarins HydraQuench Cream-Gel: For normal/combination skin. This moisturizes and eliminates shine from heat and humidity. Katafray Bark and Pomegranate acting as a protective shield from hot weather, pollution and the environment, it's best for skin types in tropical climates. I really like the gel texture, it feels refreshing, absorbs quickly into my skin and works well under makeup.
There was a GWP going at my Clarins counter, three sets to choose from focusing on different skin needs. I chose the brightening set which consisted of:
Do you have new products that you think I should try out?
- Water Comfort One-Step Cleanser with Peach Essential Water
- Vital Light Serum
- Vital Light Day
- Beauty Flash Balm
- Instant 01 Rose Shimmer Light Natural Lip Perfector
I haven't used all of it yet but if I like the products, I may purchase it and review on my blog.
Do you have new products that you think I should try out?
♥ Glamour Girl