Marilyn Monroe is such an iconic actress and singer in the 50's and became a pop cultural sex symbol. Her signature blond-bombshell look has been replicated numerous times over the decades and M.A.C launched a collection inspired by her.
The boxes have Marilyn posing in various angles in black and white, her signature in red and in the inside of box, it has a red kiss lip print. The packaging also have Marilyn on glossy black cases as opposed to their usual matte black. Here's what I bought from the collection:
- Preferred Blonde Eyeshadow: Veluxe Pearl finish, limited edition; frosty pale golden-beige. This color is great for highlighting the brow bone and inner corner, or on the lid to brighten the eyes. I would pair it with matte neutral tones in the crease like M.A.C Wedge, Cork, Soft Brown and Copperplate. Draw a winged eyeliner and it will complete that classic retro eye makeup. The texture is smooth with no chunky glitter or loose fallout and it has strong pigmentation. The size of the eyeshadow is bigger than their standard shadow sizes, as you can see in the comparison picture.
- The Perfect Cheek Blush: Matte finish; light neutral pink-beige. This was a re-promote from another collection that I actually bought but couldn't find it so I repurchased it. This is the perfect (no pun intended) nude color to wear to balance out dramatic looks or with light, natural makeup. It has enough color to brighten your face without being too colorful like pinks, corals, etc. The texture is smooth with medium pigmentation.
- Love Goddess: Satin finish, limited edition; medium pink-red. It has a creamy texture, opaque coverage with a subtle sheen to it. Pink or blue-based lipsticks are great to help make your teeth look whiter.
- Scarlet Ibis: Matte finish, limited edition; medium bright-red. Matte textures have a drier texture which helps make it last longer It can also feel drying on the lips though so it's a good idea to put a little lip balm beforehand, let it absorb while you do the rest of your makeup, remove any residue on your lips, then apply the lipstick. Applying a warm-tone red lipstick over a cool-tone red lipstick really makes the lips pop and more fuller looking.
- Cherry Lip Pencil: blue-based red. This is a permanent color but I needed to repurchase it anyway so I bought it in the Marilyn packaging. This color goes well with cool-tone reds, like Scarlet Ibis. The pencil glides on effortlessly and is very pigmented.
I think this collection is a good updated version of Marilyn's classic look. If you're not a fan of the packaging, you could easily recreate the look with other products from any brand in similar shades. What are your thoughts of the collection? Are you a fan of Marilyn's look?
♥ Glamour Girl