October 09, 2012

Chic Shopaholic: M.A.C Basics

I've posted hauls from M.A.C collections before but the products are usually limited edition so in this post I wanted to share some great products I've bought recently that you can buy from their permanent line.
  • Wipes: Cleansing wipes infused with Vitamin E to remove makeup, or freshen up the skin from dirt and oil. I first bought the 30 sheet pack, which is great for travel, to try them out. They come in a resealable package so they won't dry out. I don't regularly use wipes to remove my makeup except for maybe on lazy days or for convenience on trips. I wanted to get them though because Temptalia mentioned it in one of her makeup collection videos that she uses them to clean makeup swatches on her arm. I've used baby wipes before but find M.A.C's cleans a lot better and doesn't dry or irritate my skin. These also come in 100 sheet bulk packs which I think is a better value.
  • 286 Duo Fibre Blending Brush: A domed-shaped brush with a mix of goat hair and synthetic fibers.  M.A.C explains that it can be used for applying their Mineralize Eye Shadows but I actually bought it to be used for concealer. Because it has a mix of natural and synthetic hairs, it can be used for both powder and emollient products. The tapered shape makes it easy to apply the product using the side of the brush and the tip of the brush to blend and buff it out. It also fits into corners, such as around the nose and corners of the eyes.


  • Full Lash Curler: I needed to get a new lash curler to use on my clients so I picked this one by M.A.C. I tried it out and the full lash fits my entire without pinching the skin. Comes with an extra lash pad.
  • NC20 Studio Finish Concealer SPF 35: A full coverage concealer that can cover almost everything including blemishes, dark circles, tattoos and birthmarks. It's water-resistant, fragrance free and non- acnegenic. I don't really understand the SPF factor as it would only protect certain parts of the face. The texture is super creamy and easy to blend but it can be a downfall because it starts to fade or wear off on the skin after 4-5 hours, especially in humid weather. I do like the packaging of it though, it's the size of their Eyeshadows so it's great to have in your bag for touch-ups. If I don't need a lot of coverage all over my face, sometimes I'll just use concealer to even skin-tone and spot cover where I need it.

  • Radiant Rose Prep+Prime Highlighter: A brightening conncealer/highlighter. They come in 3 shades, Radiant Rose being a pale shell-pink. It can be used to brighten the under eye area or anywhere on the face such on the brow-bone to lift the brows. The twist-up pen dispenses the right amount of product after 2-3 clicks onto the brush applicator, which I can use to apply where I want it and then use my fingers or a brush to blend it out. The M.A.C SA recommended to wear it on its own for the undereye area as layering over other concealers might end up looking cake-y. If you need more coverage, then this might not be the best product for you and you may need a corrector concealer instead to cover the dark circles.
  • Spice Lip Pencil: A medium brown-ish pink. It's one of my staple colors to go with any neutral lipstick or lipgloss shade. It adds a subtle definition without altering the other colors too much.



















  • #48 Lashes: Small and large clusters for a voluminous lashes. with an even edge. The blunt edges  give it a dramatic flare but it has a mix of black and brown hairs that gives it a slightly softer look. I would layer two of these or layer a lengthening pair of lashes for a thicker, fuller look.


What are your favorite products from M.A.C's permanent line?



Glamour Girl

2 comments:

  1. OHHHHHH the highlighter pen has me drooling hehehe I'll have to look for this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, thanks for sharing your story in the last post. Your makeup skills are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails