September 24, 2012

Chic Shopaholic: Nails

Recently I've been wanting to update my nail polish collection, here's what I got.

I needed to repurchase a nail file because I lost the one I had so at Sephora, I bought Sephora's own Purple Crystal Nail File. My friend Seiko does nails and told me crystal files are best and last longer than emery nail boards. This also comes in a bright hot pink color with a matching case to keep it clean when you're traveling.

Also at Sephora, I picked up a Illamasqua Nail Varnish  which I've read rave reviews about. I bought Collide, a neon pink that's in a satin finish. It has opaque coverage with a smooth application. I'll definitely check out more of  Illamasqua's nail polishes, especially for their fun and vibrant colors.

Then while I was in Waikiki, I stopped by Neo Plaza, a little beauty shop, and bought two polishes. The first one is Yellow Flame by JESSICA Cosmetics, a vibrant neon yellow. I love the color but I found the formula to be a little streaky. The second polish I bought was Strawberry Shortcake by Essie, a medium pearly warm pink. I love Essie for their thinner formula and more softer colors.

Last but not least, at CVS I bought a NYX Nail Polish and three more Essie Nail Polishes. NYX Pink Glitter is transparent with multi-color sparkles and pink stars. You can wear it on its own or layer it over any nail polish color for a funky look.


Then the three Essie colors I bought were:
  • Fijia: pale milky pink
  • Demure Vix: iridescent pinky-mauve
  • Peach Daiquiri: medium pinky-coral

I think the shades I bought cover all seasons from the colorful ones for Spring/Summer to the more subtle shades that can be worn in the Fall/Winter. I love changing up my nails to compliment my makeup and outfits, I think it just completes the whole look.

What are your favorite brands for nail polishes? Favorite colors to wear? Do you like match the shades perfectly to your makeup, i.e. red nails with red lips? Or wear contrasting shades?



Glamour Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails