In honor of her new baby being born, named Indi Joon, Josie Maran offered 20% off on their website to celebrate!
I bought the Argan Naturally Sunkissed Bronzing Collection which contains a 5-piece set to create a Summer glow. The packaging it comes in is really cool because the cardboard box converts into a picture frame when you pull the stand out on the back.
My review of the products:
- Argan Bronzng Oil: 100% argan oil infused with a shimmery golden bronze tint. Argan oil has Vitamin E and essential fatty acids that can act as a moisturizer. The color looks dark but once applied and blended, it gives a sheer healthy glow to the skin and the shimmer isn't overly glittery at all, it just has a subtle sheen. As you can see in the swatch, it looks very natural without any orange-y tones. You can use it on your body, face and even your hair for a quick bronze-y glow all-year round. The oil comes in a 5mL glass bottle with a dropper.
- Bronzing Duo: A powder bronzer and blush duo exclusive to the set. The compact is in a pink-champagne reflective metal-like case and is biodegradable.
- Beach No. 1: light warm golden bronzer with a subtle satin finish. Looks matte on the skin which is nice because it doesn't make your face too shiny like some shimmery bronzers.
- Passion Blush: matte light bubblegum-pink. Compliments the bronzer by brightening the cheeks.
- Brilliance Argan Natural Volume Lip Gloss: Full size gloss in a sheer shimmery light pink shade. This Argan oil gloss has antioxidants to fight aging and environmental damage. Natural tripeptides stimulate and restore collagen to increase lip volume to help enhance the look of fullness to the lips. It's flavored with "dulce de leche", which has a sweet coconut taste to it. The small brush applicator applies the gloss evenly, which has a smooth, lightweight texture. Surprisingly, I really like the color of this gloss, it's a soft pink that just adds a hint of color to the lips.
- Black Mascara: Full size volumizing mascara in black. If I remember correctly, they used to sell this product but it's now discontinued. It has nourishing ingredients to condition the lashes and the natural bristle wand coats them without any clumps. It gives a very natural look, just darkening my lashes but doesn't give much volume. It's not waterproof or even water-resistant so it does't hold a curl very well for me but I haven't experienced any smudging or flaking.
- Argan Bear Naked Wipes Travel Size: Argan oil cleansing wipes to remove makeup and impurities for the face, eyes and neck. These vegan wipes are biodegradable and made of all natural ingredients including aloe vera, chamomile, cucumber and Vitamin E. It's free of fragrance, parabens and chemicals and is safe to use on the eyes. The travel size contains 8 wipes which is nice for quick on-the-go cleansing. It removes my makeup well as long as I don't have any heavy waterproof products on. It doesn't dry or strip out my skin, it actually feels moisturizing because of the Argan oil. A bonus when buying these wipes, either full or travel size, is that a portion of the profits goes to Natural Resources Defense Council's Polar Bear SOS to protect these endangered animals.
Overall, I think this is a cute set to use in the Summer to create a natural bronzed look. Unfortunately this set is already sold out but apart from the bronzer duo and mascara, you can still purchase the other products to try them out. This would have been a nice gift, especially since you can put a special photo in the box after you use the products.
What are your go-to products for a sunkissed Summer look?
♥ Glamour Girl