August 14, 2012

Chic Shopaholic: 4th of July Week Haul

This is about a month overdue but during 4th of July week, I did a little haul at Sephora and Nordstrom.

After loving Anastasia Beverly Hills brow products, I wanted to try the rest of the line. See and Be Seen Set is a California color, Hollywood glamour inspired collection that comes with a tinted brow gel, an eyeshadow duo and two lipglosses. This is the box it comes in:



My review of the products:
  • Caramel Tinted Brow Gel: A colored brow gel in a medium warm golden brown. Since everyone has a different hair/brow color, this may not work on everyone but if you're wanting to lighten your brows a bit for the Summer then this is a good product to use. For a lighter brow color, I would use a brow powder or pencil in a similar shade to the gel  to blend in better or just use it on its own for a softer look. It actually does lighten my black brows pretty well and I would probably use it for dramatic looks if I wanted my brows to be faded in the background. For reference, my usual shade is Espresso. If you want it to match to your natural color, this would work on light-to-medium brown hair.
  • On Set Illumin8 Eye Shadow Duo: A powder eyeshadow duo formulated with antioxidants, vitamins and other key ingredients like "Youthful Synergy Complex", which has brown algae, to smooth, firm and hydrate the skin. I can't attest to the skincare benefits as I didn't notice any difference and I'm probably not the age bracket it was tested on but I can say that the texture is very smooth, easy to apply and blend. The shade on the left is a shimmery pinky-champagne and the shade on the right is a shimmery light warm gold. The finish is quite frosty, almost a little too much for my taste but looks fine if I incorporate matte eyeshadows to add some depth. I can see that these colors may not work on everyone, for example the golden shade might be too warm on cool skin-tones. I think the quality of the eyeshadows are really great though and would recommend them.


  • Hydrafull Gloss: The glosses are the main reason I wanted the set in the first place. It has "Kiss Me Quick" plant extract to increase fullness and hydrate the lips, plus other antioxidants to soften and soothe the skin. It has a silicone paddle applicator which helps to apply the gloss smoothly without any streaks like a brush or a doe-foot applicator would. The texture is slightly tacky which helps the gloss stay on for several hours but it doesn't feel uncomfortable. It has medium pigmentation and leaves a nice hint stain of color on the lips once the gloss wears off. Colors in the set are:
    • Plastic: medium bright pink
    • Heiress: medium bright watermelon pink with subtle shimmer
Overall, I think this is good set to try a few of their stand out products, especially since they come in full sizes. The colors might not be for everyone but it's fun kit for a Summer look.

I just finished my Origins Modern Friction and while helping my grandma buy some makeup at Sephora (she got a blush and blush brush!), she bought me Ole Henriksen Sugar Glow Face Scrub that was recommended by the sales lady. I've never tried this brand but their products are made of natural ingredients. This scrub is for all skin types and helps anti-aging properties like African red tea, pomegranate seeds, pumpkin extract, honey, raw organic sugar, Vitamin C, Rose Hips and citrus oils to brighten the face. It has a liquid-y texture with bits of the exfoliator mixed in that doesn't feel too rough on my skin. My skin feels smooth after using it but not dried out. If you like natural skincare products, check this brand out.

At Nordstrom, I bought a Hobo Zara Vintage Crossbody Bag in the sales bin. The small leather bag come in a few other colors and designs but I bought it in Fawn which has a red and cream paisley print interior. The magnetic angled folded zippered top has a small pocket inside, the front with carded slots and the back for your phone. The long chain can be detached to be carried as a clutch or clipped with the short leather strap to be worn as a wristlet.


Did you do any shopping hauls during 4th of July week? Score any deals?



Glamour Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails