July 02, 2012

Chic Shopaholic: JewelMint

I think jewelry is a personal thing, especially when it comes down to style and its meaning to you. That being said, I discovered JewelMint, a brand started by actress Kate Bosworth and celebrity stylist Cher Coulter. Together they design all the pieces for an eclectic collection. When you sign up, you take a little quiz to create your style profile. With the results, they recommend pieces that best matches your style. Each month, you get a new assortment of pieces to buy with each piece only costing $29.99, with free shipping. If you don't purchase anything that month, you'll be charged $29.99 which equals to one credit that can be used on your next purchase. You can always bypass the charge and earning a credit by skipping anytime the first five days of the month.

Anyway, now that you know how the site works, onto my first purchase. I bought the 4-piece Love Story Set which comes with a ring and three bracelets. The 14k gold plated ring has a row of three alternating cutout hearts with JEWELMINT engraved on the inside of the band. I'm a size 5-6 depending on the ring and so I bought a 6 which is the smallest size available and fortunately it fits me perfectly. The bracelets are made of plated rose gold, plated 14k gold and oxidized silver. Each bracelet has a heart charm placed on different parts of the chain and a toggle clasp. When worn, the hearts are placed all around the wrist instead of right on top of each other. For the price, the quality is durable and doesn't feel like it's going to break. This design suits my style because each piece is delicate, feminine and can be worn all together or individually with any other accessory.


Overall,I'm pretty happy with my first purchase. I think there's a style of jewelry to suit everyone, for yourself or for someone else to give as a gift. I also like that you can still shop from the other collections even if it's not recommended to you. The only downside is the hassle of having to skip a month if you're not going to buy anything so you don't get charged. A plus though is they offer specials deals and discounts when you sign up, I bought this set with a 20% discount.  Let me know what your style is by taking the quiz on JewelMint.com.



Glamour Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails