July 15, 2012

Chic Shopaholic: Beauty.com Friends & Family 20% Off

Beauty.com had a 20% off Friends & Family sale and it was perfect timing as I needed to buy some things for my kit as well as buying a couple of products for myself to try out.

I repurchased some Ardell lashes that I purchased previously and bought a couple of new pairs to try out. Wispies Black have a long, "wispy" effect with not much volume that looks very natural. You can see me wearing it in my Hourglass Heat-Proof Summer Look tutorial. 101 Black however, are very dense and in even lengths. I would probably like to layer them over a lengthening pair of false lashes for a dramatic eye.

Revlon has introduced false lashes into their line, called Beyond Natural. I bought Defining, which comes with four pairs of lashes. I used them on the mother of the bride that I posted a couple of months ago, for natural, lengthening lashes so they can be seen in photos. The hairs are synthetic, lightweight, and easy to apply.

I also bought the Precision Lash Adhesive by Revlon which reminded me of the Kiss Me Eyelash Fixer I bought in Japan a couple years ago. It's similar n packaging where there is a small brush applicator instead of a squeeze tube. The brush makes it much easier to apply the glue right at the band instead of making a mess all over your hand and the lashes. The consistency of the glue isn't too runny or too thick and shows up white but then sets clear. The waterproof, latex-free formula adheres to my real lashes well without irritating my eyes.


I needed to buy some empty palettes to depot my mark. Powder Buff Foundations to use them in my kit, so I bought Z Palette Large Red Customizable Makeup Palette. They now come with 20 magnetize circle stickers so can stick them on the back of a pan if it doesn't already have a magnet.









Lastly, I bought theBalm Stainiac which are a multipurpose product for the cheeks and lips. I tried Beauty Queen when I received a sample in my order from their website. I really liked the color and formula so I decided to get all three shades. They have a gel texture which makes it easy to apply and blend. The pigmentation is sheer but you can layer it to build the intensity. To use as a blush, I use the doe-foot applicator to dot it on my cheeks, then blend with my fingers. It applies smoothly on my normal-dry skin, without accentuating any flakes and leaves a very natural, flush of color on my cheeks. To use as a lip stain, I use the applicator to spread the product like a lipgloss. It leaves a satin-matte finish on the lips that can be a little drying, especially if you layer it many times, so I would recommend applying a balm or gloss for moisture and sheen. It lasts all day unless I eat or drink which then it does wear off a bit but it doesn't leave a weird ring around the mouth, it just looks lightly faded. I like cheek/lip stains because they're a great product to grab for a quick, easy makeup application if you're in a rush. This product is similar to Beaute Liqui-Gel Stains but in slightly thinner formula. If you want a more affordable cheek/lip stain than Beaute's, I would give these a try. The colors I bought were:
  • Beauty Queen: medium rose-berry
  • Prom Queen: medium warm-red
  • Homecoming Queen: medium golden-orange

Have you added any new products to your kit? Bought any products after you've loved trying a sample of it?



Glamour Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails