June 24, 2012

Chic Shopaholic: Sephora Gift card

I received a Sephora gift card after doing Hidemi's makeup last month and so I bought a few products that I was interested in trying out.

After discovering that my favorite Neutrogena Energizing Citrus Sugar Scrub Body Exfoliator is being discontinued, I began the search for a new body scrub. I love Soap & Glory products so I decided to try the Flake Away Body Polish. Unlike some of the other S&G products that come in travel sizes, this only comes in a big 10 oz. tub. It has Shea Butter, Sweet Almond Oil, Peach Seed Powder, Sea Salt and Sugar to eliminate dry skin. It's scented with S&G Pink Fragrance, which includes Bergamot, Mandarin, Rose, Jasmine, Peach, Strawberry, Oakmoss, and Amber. It's slightly grittier in  texture than Neutrogena's but not super rough or irritating on the skin. It also has a thicker, buttery consistency but doesn't leave a slippery residue on the skin like Neutrogena's.  I find this scrub is great for Summer as it's lightweight and leaves my skin feeling moisturized and  smooth with a subtle floral scent.

I had to buy Hourglass Illume Creme-to-Powder Bronzer Duo in Bronze Light after reading a rave review for it on The Black Panties Blog. The duo comes with a matte warm bronzer and a pearly golden-champagne highlighter. I swatched heavily for the photo to show how pigmented they are but you can definitely sheer it out for a more natural look. The texture is super creamy, easy to blend with no streaking or uneven application. For the bronzer, I like to use a firm contouring brush like M.A.C 168, to buff the product where I want to define and would get a sun-kissed look; cheeks, forehead, nose and chin. For the highlighter, I like to use my fingers to pat and blend on areas I want to bring out; top of the cheekbones, brow bone, bridge of nose and cupid's bow of lip. The wax, oil, sulfate, synthetic dye, paraben, fragrance and phthalate free formula sets to a smooth velvety finish and lasts throughout the day. Like all other Hourglass compacts, this has a 360˚ lid with a large mirror. This product is perfect to achieve a simple bronzed-glow look for the Summer.

I thought I had lost my favorite Shu Uemura Natural 6 ob Brush that I use to fill in my brows so I bought Smashbox Angled Brush 12 to see if it could do the job the same or even better. In comparison to Shu, this one is longer, denser and wider. It seems to pick up more product when I use a brow powder and therefore, applies a bit more heavily. It's easy to use though and blends any brow product I use effortlessly. This brush can also double as an eyeliner brush with powders for a subtle definition. Fortunately, I found my Shu brush but will still use this in my pro kit.

What are your favorite Summer products? Favorite brush to fill in brows?



Glamour Girl

1 comment:

  1. im so flattered you bought the duo because in part of my review :D <3 *bows down to the queen*

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails