June 30, 2012

Chic Shopaholic: M.A.C Hey, Sailor! Collection

M.A.C released a big Summer collection called Hey, Sailor!, which is appropriately named as the products have a nautical theme to them. The boxes have navy and white stripes, whereas the products's casing are either just navy or navy and white.


There were five Eyeshadows in this collection but I only bought one in Jaunty. A Frost finish, it's a shimmery, low-metallic, light yellow-beige. I've used it as a highlight on the bow-bone and inner corner, as well as a wash on the lid. It has light-to-medium pigmentation with a smooth texture.

There were four Lipsticks released in this collection, two of which I have to review. My mom loves bright lipsticks so she bought Sail La Vie and let me swatch it to review on my blog. A Satin finish, this is a medium orange-red coral. It has opaque pigmentation with a creamy finish. For myself, I only bought To Catch a Sailor. A Frost finish, it's a light metallic gold beige-bronze. Because the color is so light and the finish is frosty, it can make the face look a little washed  out. I like to use a lip liner in a neutral beige-nude shade that is slightly darker to help give a little definition. The texture is smooth but dries out my lips a bit.


Last but not least, I bought Throw Me a Line Pro Longwear Lip Pencil. It's a medium orange coral-red that actually pairs perfectly with Sail La Vie Lipstick. This was my first Pro Longwear Lip Pencil and I've wanted to try them because they're supposed to last longer on the lips then traditional lip pencils. The texture is smooth to apply, pigmentation is opaque and once it sets, it doesn't move. 


What are your favorite products in this collection? Do you like the packaging?



Glamour Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails