June 21, 2012

Chic Shopaholic: Amazon.com

When I ordered the Real Technique brushes from Amazon.com, I bought a few other beauty products with it.

I needed something to hold my kit brushes and so I bought a Sigma Brush Cup HolderI have a similar one from Sephora that I use for personal use but unfortunately they don't make it anymore. This one has more of an oval shape with two snaps on the sides to close. As you can see in the photo, it can hold a mix of big face brushes and slim eye brushes, about 15-20 of them. When you open the container, it becomes two cup holders which is helpful to separate the dirty brushes from the clean ones. You can keep the brush holder at home or take it on-the-go when you travel.

After loving the Aquage Uplifting Foam recommended by Kate from The Small Things Blog, I decided to try another product she liked which was the Kenra Volume Spray 25, the most popular hairspray in the line. It's a finishing spray that gives strong hold to any hairstyle, resists humidity and builds volume. To set the style, I spray in zigzag motions at 6-10 inches away. For volume, I spray within each layer at the base. It doesn't leave any sticky residue and very little product is needed as too much of it will make your hair feel too stiff and crunchy. This hairspray is especially great for up-dos, holding curls and for hairstyles lasting all day.

I needed to buy tweezers for my kit to use on clients and so my favorite brand for that is Rubis Switzerland. They are made of stainless steel and are rust proof and acid proof.  There are many style of tweezers from Classic Point to Slant/Point Combination but I bought the Perforated Slant. It's a traditional slanted tip with little holes at the handle. It has a transparent rubber cap to protect the tweezers. I've used the popular Tweezerman tweezers before but have found that the tip gets dull after a few years and you have to ship it back to the company for them to resharpen it at a small fee. With Rubis, they never need to be sharpened. They're confortable to hold and grip the hair securely to pull out smoothly. The sharp edge doesn't hurt against the skin but is still able to grab the shortest hair. They may seem a little pricey to buy but I think they're a great investment to keep your brows groomed and will last for a long time.

One last beauty related product I bought was a lipstick iPhone case! They're by ZERO GRAVITY, Scarlet - Metallic for iPhone 4 or 4S. I was looking for a makeup related design that wasn't too cutesy looking. I like this one because it's simple with a drawing of a red lipstick over a gold metallic background and black trim. It's plastic so it's lightweight and not bulky to fit n a small purse.

Do you buy any beauty products from Amazon? If so, what do you like to buy?




Glamour Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails