April 06, 2012

Chic Shopaholic: Saint Patrick's Day

Over Saint Patrick's Day weekend, I did a mini shopping haul at Ala Moana Shopping Center.

From Forever 21, I bought a top and a sweater-dress. The spaghetti-strap top is olive green with beading on the neckline. I thought the color was something different from what I have in my closet. I can wear it casual with a cardigan and jeans but easily dress it up with a blazer.

The sweater-dress is cream colored with a pink floral print. Even though it has long sleeves, the fabric is quite thin and light so it doesn't feel too hot to wear it. The style kind of reminds me of Taylor Swift, a country-girl look and would pair the dress with brown leggings and a denim jacket.

The new "it" product that has all the beauty bloggers talking is YSL Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stains. I first read Makeup Artist Lisa Eldridge raving about them on her blog and wanted to check them out at Neiman Marcus since my Sephora didn't have all the shades. What's unique about them is that it first starts out as a pigmented gloss but as it fades, it becomes a lip stain. It has a flat, pointed sponge applicator that applies the product smoothly, evenly and fits into the corners and edges of the lips well. The texture glides on effortlessly like a gloss, the finish slightly tacky but is comfortable to wear. They come in a variety of shades and you're bound to find something you like. I bought 11 Rouge Gouache, a bold pink-y red. You can apply one layer for a sheer wash of color or layer it for an opaque coverage. On Fleur De Force's blog, she suggests applying 3 layers: first layer buffed in into the lips to stain, second layer to build color, then the final layer for a glossy shine. I notice the more you layer, the deeper and richer the color becomes. It has a fruity scent to it that might be off-putting to some but I don't really mind it. The product lasts through eating and drinking with minor fading on the corners and inside of the lip. If I completely wipe off the product, there's still a stain of the color on my lips. Overall, I love the formula and it has become my new favorite lip product.

Did you do any shopping on St. Paddy's Day? Have you check out the new YSL Glossy Stains? What are your favorite colors?



Glamour Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails