April 11, 2012

Chic Shopaholic: Amazon.com

There have been a bunch of new products that I've been interested to is difficult to get a hold of but was able to find them on Amazon.com.
  • Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentrate (24-Hour Miracle Cream): A French brand that is very popular among Makeup Artists. It can be used as a face primer, moisturizer, makeup remover and even to reduce irritation after shaving. The texture is thick, creamy, easy to spread on the skin and doesn't feel too rich or heavy. It has natural ingredients including Shea Butter, Aloe Vera, Beeswax, and Vitamins A, D and E to keep the skin well moisturized. I have used it before applying my makeup and it helps products apply smoothly but I prefer to use it as a night cream. My normal-dry skin absorbs it really well but people with combination-to-oily skin might feel this is to rich.
  • Bioderma Crealine (Sensibio) H2O: Another French brand that is a must-have in any Makeup Artist's kit. It's a gentle cleanser for sensitive skin that can  remove waterproof eye makeup and makeup on the skin. Water isn't needed, you just simply pour on a cotton pad/ball and wipe away. Makeup Artists love it because they can use it on their client repeatedly when they need to change up the looks and it won't irritate the skin. To use, I simply pour it on a cotton pad/ball and gently wipe my eyes and skin, no extra cleanser or water is needed. The cleanser doesn't sting my eyes and my skin feels clean with no greasy residue. I do make sure to moisturize afterwards though because sometimes it can feel a little dry. I bought the 100 ml size to first try it out and I really like the size of it because it's great for travel and to refill from the regular 250 ml size.
  • NuFountain Fresh Cosmetics C20 Vitamin C Serum: I've been looking for an affordable Vitamin C product because I've learned that it can help protect and repair the skin from sun and environmental damage and prevent wrinkles. I first read about this product on MakeupAlley.com when someone recommended it on the Makeup board. The serum is clear with a water-liquid texture. I apply a 4-5 drops in the palm of my hands, rub them together so they're evenly distributed, then gently pat and rub all over my face and neck. It leaves a slightly tacky residue but once it's dried and completely absorbed into my skin, I don't feel it and I can use my other skincare products afterwards. I only use this in the mornings and make sure to follow-up with sunscreen if I'm going out.
  • Aquage Uplifting Foam: I'm always looking for the right products to give volume to my normal-fine, flat hair. This is a must-have product for Kate who is a professional hairstylist and does hair tutorials on The Small Things Blog. She even did a tutorial on how to use this product, which you can watch here. After just using it once and following her technique, I instantly noticed a difference in the lift and hold it gave to my hair. Other volume mousses I've tried would make my hair fall flat quickly but this one actually lasts for a few hours without having to tease it. It also doesn't feel stiff, crunchy or weigh down my hair, it just has a light texture to it. I also like that it has a small nozzle that squirts small amounts of foam and makes it easy to concentrate it at the roots.

I love these new products I bought and they will definitely become staples. What products do you love that are difficult to get a hold of?




Glamour Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails