March 22, 2012

Chic Shopaholic: Neiman Marcus Beauty Event, Giorgio Armani Beauty

Neiman Marcus had their Spring/Summer Beauty Event back in February early March and I bought a couple of products from Armani's Spring 2012 Collection.
  • Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil: I heard great things about their Waterproof Eye Liner Pencils but they only seem to be available for a limited time in their collections. These were no exceptions and so I bought both shades to try them out. The textures are super creamy, soft and glide on so effortlessly. I use these eyeliners on my waterline to brighten and open up my eyes but you can also use them as a cream eyeshadow on the lid or on the inner corner as a highlight. The colors I bought were:
    • 4 - Antique: metallic warm light gold
    • 5 - Copper: metallic warm light peach

I also bought a Rouge d'Armani Lipstick in 403 Red because I was looking for a similar shade to the Revlon Red Velvet Lip Butter I bought a while back. I love these formula of lipsticks and so the SA suggested this shade to be similar to what I was looking for. It's bit more of a deeper brown-based red than Red Velvet but I love wearing it for a vamp-y look. I keep the rest of the makeup minimal, neutral eye with black winged-liner and a light application of blush. 


Now I didn't spend the required $150 to get the gift from Armani or even reach the $100 minimum to receive Neiman Marcus's gift but the SA at the Armani counter said since I shop at NM often, he was kind enough to let me have the NM gift anyway. I picked the metallic gold tote bag and the samples didn't seem so great to me but I'm glad I didn't spend the $100 to get it. Here's a quick photo of the samples you get and the bag:

Did you participate in the event? Which brand did shop from? Was the gift worth it to splurge?



Glamour Girl

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails