The other collection that came out on the same day as Shop M.A.C, Cook M.A.C was Vera. This was quite a large collection as well and very colorful.
As you may know, I love the Crushed Metallic Pigment sets and bought all three of them. They are loose powders with high metallic-frost finish that can be used in multiple ways (eyes, body, etc.). Each set comes with four shades, stacked in two containers. The textures of the pigments are a little clumpy and sometimes can even be a little gritty, but if you break them up with a brush they apply just fine. You can use them dry or with a damp brush for a wet, metallic high-shine finish. All sets are limited edition.
- Shifting Sands: metallic pale champagne
- Aloha: frosty medium cool-bronze brown
- Lantern Light: frosty light peachy-gold copper
- Campfire: frosty light warm copper
- Butterfly Party:
- Rain Drop: metallic medium blue-teal
- Moss Garden: metallic light silvery-green
- Butterfly Party: metallic medium violet
- Desert Cloud: metallic medium blue-purple
- Strawberry Patch:
- Star Crystal: metallic pale pink-champagne
- Rose Light: frosty light rose-pink
- Strawberry Patch: metallic cool lilac-pink
- Moon Rose: frosty medium bright rose
One of my favorite shades out of all the stacks is Moon Rose, it looks gorgeous over a bright fuchsia, red or rose colored lipstick to add a sheen to the lips. I also really like Lantern Light on the cheekbones as a highlight.
I also bought four Pearlglide Intense Eye Liners which have been released before and have heard great things about them but have never tried them. The textures are super creamy to apply and smudge for a softer look but are still long-wearing for a non-waterproof liner. Because the liners are so soft, they do get a little dull quickly and I have to sharpen them more often. All the ones I bought are rich in pigment with hints of shimmer and sparkle but no chunky glitter. These pencils are permanent in the line and so you can always go back and purchase them. The colors I bought are:
- Black Swan: blue-black with silver shimmer
- Black Line: black with green-gold shimmer
- Industrial: medium grey-blue
- Designer Purple: medium bright purple with silver shimmer
I really like this collection, the colors were vibrant but still wearable. I also especially liked trying out the Pearlglide liners and would check out the other shades. What were your favorite products?
♥ Glamour Girl