March 13, 2012

Chic Shopaholic: Drugstore Products

I had some drugstore.com dollars that I need to use up and so I bought a few drugstore products that I've heard great things about and wanted to try.
  • Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters: Although I don't usually shop from drugstore brands, these lipsticks have created such a buzz that I needed to try them. People have been saying the product name is misleading because it sounds like it would be a tinted lip balm. In my opinion, it's more like a sheer glossy lipstick, similar to M.A.C Lipsticks in the Lustre finishes. It has a "buttery" texture that's smooth to apply but slightly waxy that settles in the fine lines. Depending on the color, depends on the pigmentation, i.e. the lighter the color, the sheerer the coverage. I chose more vibrant colors and all the shades I picked have light-to-medium pigmentation. The shades I bought were:
    • Tutti Frutti: medium tangerine-orange
    • Cherry Tart: medium pink-red with subtle shimmer
    • Red Velvet: deep brown-red
I really like how the cap of the packaging matches the lipstick so it makes it easier to find the color you're looking for. There's also a see-through window at the top of the cap to see the actual product. I also like that it doesn't have scent or weird taste to it. Although I don't plan on buying more colors, my favorite of the three that I bought is Red Velvet. I think these are nice lipsticks for a drugstore brand and there are a variety of shades that anyone is bound to find something they like. At their affordable price, it's also a great way to experiment with colors. In the end, I would recommend this product to someone who doesn't like heavy or bold lipsticks but still wants a bit of color and shine to their lips.


One last drugstore product I picked up was Physicians Formula Eye Definer Felt-Tip Eye Marker in Ultra Black. It doesn't claim to be waterproof but it does say it wears for 24-hours and is smudge-proof and fade-proof. It's also hypoallergenic, fragrance-free, safe for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers. The color is a dark black but does take a few strokes for opaque coverage and dries down to a satin-sheen finish. Application is easy, the felt-tip is firm and the point is fine enough to draw a winged-liner. It does last long on my eyes but if my eye gets a little watery, it starts to flake off. I probably wouldn't repurchase this but for the price, it's a descent liquid eyeliner.


What are your favorite drugstore products?



Glamour Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails