February 15, 2012

Chic Shopaholic: Nordstrom Rack, Ross

For the second shopping trip with my friends, we stopped at two places.

We first went to Ross, a store where they sell designer and brand names at a discount. Shopping there is sort of like a treasure hunt - you need time, patience and a thorough search to find something. Some days you'll hit the jackpot and find great deals, other days you'll find nothing.

Luckily, I found a two cute tops during this shopping trip. On the left, it's a grey and pink striped shirt with the word Paris and an Eiffel Tower printed on it. It has three-quarter length sleeves with a little hoody, the fabric is thin and lightweight that I can just wear it over a tank top and pair it with jeans for a casual look.

The top on the right is a thin cropped tank with cute London references. I wore it over a black tank top, but any color tank would work, leather jacket and jeans for a rocker-chic look.

This last dress my mom actually found and bought for me when she went to Ross a couple weeks prior. I've been looking for a lace print dress or top but could never find the right one. I either didn't like the lace style, the color or the quality of the clothes looked cheap and would wear out quickly.  I really like the design of this dress though, the lace is an overlay on a slip but the straps and the neckline is see-through. I like to offset the cream color, feminine style with my dark brown leather jacket.

The second stop was Nordstrom Rack and I bought quite a lot of hair products.

Nordstrom Rack sells a variety of professional hair brands and so I decided to try REDKEN. I bought the Shampoo and Light Conditioner in the Body Full line. I have normal-fine hair that falls flat so I'm always looking for products that give me volume. The shampoo lathers nicely and makes my hair feel clean, while the conditioner feels creamy and moisturizing but doesn't feel weighed down. Both products have a subtle floral scent.

I've been using just one brush for many years to style my hair and but wanted to look for new types of brushes.
  • CHI Air Small Paddle Brush: This is an all-purpose brush but is especially good for de-tangling and smoothing the hair. It has nylon bristles with a ball tip so it doesn't snag or pull the hair and Tourmaline Ceramic to reduce static and produce shine. It comes in a larger size as well but I like this size better to fit my smalls hands.

  • Bed Head Big Head Thermal Styler Brush: I already have a round brush but wanted a bigger size to create volume. It's 2.75" diameter, nylon bristles and Tourmaline barrel. The small vents in the barrel help dry the hair a lot faster so you don't have to waste so much time in drying your hair. It was a little tricky to use this brush as I'm blow drying because of its large size but once I got the hang of it, it gave nice lift and smoothness to the hair.

What's your favorite discount store? What are your favorite tools to use when styling your hair?



Glamour Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails