January 17, 2012

Christmas 2011

For last years Christmas, there wasn't much that I wanted or needed since I got mostly everything on my birthday but I did receive a few nice gifts, so here's what I got:

ABISTE is one of my favorite designers for jewelry, especially for their watches. This was a gift from my mom and so she got me the White Mini Round Watch. It has a white leather strap, gold round-face border and buckle with crystal stones. The face of the watch is also made of mother of pearl so it has a pretty sheen and a slight blue-teal color at different angles. It's a very dainty, feminine watch that makes it a great accessory piece to wear it with simple and clean outfits.
I also wanted to try Rosehip oil and so my mom got me one by Aura Cacia from Wholefoods. Rosehip oil is extracted from the seeds of rose fruits and has Vitamin A that is known to replenish and restore the skin from premature aging and sun-damage, as well as  reducing hyper pigmentation, redness and scars. It can be used as a daily moisturizer on the face and body to rejuvenate dry skin and on the hair to soften and add shine. It has a yellow tint to it with a kind of corn or cooking oil scent that I don't really like. This is similar to Argan oil to but has a slightly thicker texture. I prefer to use it on my body than on my face, mainly because of the smell.

I recently got an iPhone (feel like the last person to have one!) and so my sister bought me a case for it! She bought it from etsy.com, a black and white Chanel themed. Bling-y but still elegant, very me. ;)

She also bought me a Magnetic Polish from nails inc., a brand that I actually wanted to try. She got me Trafalgar Square, a shade that starts as medium metallic silver and then a dark chrome grey stripe with the magnet effect. At the top of the outer cap, lays the magnet strip which creates the wavy stripe design on the nail. It took a little while to get it right, especially to get the design evenly. I learned that you have to tilt the cap side to side to make sure the design gets printed on the sides. Also, you have to have a steady hand as to not have the magnet touch the nail. I can actually feel the magnet "pulling" something as I hover it over my nails. You do have to work quickly to get the magnet over your nails before it dries, otherwise it doesn't imprint the design. The quality of the polish is nice too; applies smoothly and lasts for a descent amount with no chipping and with a top coat. Overall, it's a cool nail polish that is fun to get a trendy nail design without it being over-the-top. 


I hope everyone enjoyed their holiday season with their loved ones and got some fun beauty presents! Let me know what you got in the comments below!



Glamour Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails