January 02, 2012

Chic Shopaholic: TheBalm Black Friday Sale

I've never woken up early to shop on Black Friday but this year I thought I would do a little "cyber monday" haul on TheBalm which  had a 40% sale on their website. Here's what I bought:
  • Nude'tude Nude Eyeshadow Palette: Being a fan of TheBalm eyeshadows, I had to pick this up. It's a similar concept to the Urban Decay Naked palette in that it contains 12 eyeshadows in neutral shades. It also has a similar packaging that comes in a long, slim cardboard case with a cardboard slip for extra protection. There are actually two different designs  inside the covers; "Sweet" which has the same design as the cover and "Sassy" which has six nude women strategically covered by the eyeshadows, both containing same eyeshadow shades. The palette includes a dual-ended shadow/liner brush that is usable for touch-ups but not something I would use everyday. I like that there is a mix of matte and shimmery finishes and the colors can easily go from a day to night look. The textures and pigmentation are just as nice as other TheBalm palettes I've bought, although a couple of them took several swipes with my finger to get opaque coverage.  Shades include:
    • Sassy: frosty white
    • Stubborn: shimmery light neutral pink
    • Selfish: frosty medium grey-taupe
    • Sophisticated: shimmery dark brown
    • Sexy: matte dark maroon
    • Serious: matte black
    • Snobby: frosty yellow-gold
    • Stand-offish: frosty pale peachy-champagne
    • Sultry: matte medium golden brown
    • Schitzo: shimmery medium golden bronze
    • Silly: shimmery dark chocolate brown with gold flecks
    • Sleek: matte dark blackened brown
  • Hot Ticket Nail Polish: TheBalm recently came out with nail polishes and since I couldn't find any reviews for it, I thought I'd give them a shot. I'm really glad I did because these are becoming my new favorite polishes. The quality is smooth, long-lasting and rich in color. With just one coat, I got even, nearly full coverage but still like to do two coats. The texture is a little more on the thicker side but it was easy to apply. The brush isn't too big either, fits on my nails perfectly. The shades I got were:
    • Strawberry Fields Forevah: pink-red with shimmer
    • A Fuschia Too Many: creamy vibrant fuchsia
    • Jade n the USA: creamy bright jade
I'm really happy with my TheBalm haul, especially with the Hot Ticket Nail Polishes. I wasn't sure if they would be good but am happily surprised by them and will definitely buy more in the future. What did you buy on Black Friday?



Glamour Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails