December 23, 2011

Chic Shopaholic: Giorgio Armani Friends & Family 20% Off

Giorgio Armani had their Friends & Family sale on their website and as it has become one of my favorite brands, I definitely picked up a few things.
  • #5 Beige Violet Sheer Blush: I first read raves about this shade from the black panties blog and so I had to pick it up since I love the other GA cheek products I've bought. It's a light, neutral-cool beige with a satin sheen. It doesn't look anything special but it's a "true nude" blush that isn't pink, peach or brown. I love nude blushes when I'm wearing dramatic eye makeup, bold lips or just going for a minimal makeup look. It could also work as a contour powder on pale to light-medium skin-tones. The texture is velvety smooth with great pigmentation.
  • #603 Plum Rouge d'Armani Lipstick: I love M.A.C's Rebel Lipstick but was looking for a similar shade in the Rouge d'Armani because I love their formula. #603 is a little bit more rosy-er and brighter than Rebel and has a creamy sheen instead of a matte finish. It's a beautiful color that is deep enough for the Winter season and bright enough for the Spring season. I love bright/deep shades like this because it's a great multi-purpose color: dab it on your lips with your finger to wear as a stain, apply straight on the lips for an opaque, intense color or dab it on your cheeks and blend with your fingers to wear as a cream blush.
  • #403 Rouge Gloss d'Armani: This isn't a coordinating gloss to the lipstick but I loved the color when I swatched it at my GA counter. It's a light warm pink-coral with pink shimmer. The pigmentation is a little bit more on the sheer side but still looks pretty on its own. The shade can work with a simple, fresh look or a dramatic eye look, like purples and blues, with a touch of color to the lips.

This was my last Friends & Family haul of the year but I have one Black Friday haul post coming up. What was your favorite F&F haul?



Glamour Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails