November 28, 2011

Chic Shopaholic: Sephora V.I.B. Friends & Family 20% Off

Sephora offered an extended week for the Friends & Family 20% sale to V.I.B. (Very Important Beauty Insider) members so I bought a few things that I missed the first time around.

  • Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder: I like matte bronzers because I can use it with highlighters and shimmery blushes without my face looking overly shiny and it can also double as a contour product. It has a matte finish with a medium golden brown color to it.  This bronzer has real cocoa powder in it that smells kind of sweet when you sniff the compact but is barely noticeable when you wear it on your face. The texture is easy to apply, blend, and lasts long on the skin without looking blotchy.
  • Sephora by OPI Glimmer Wonderland 18 Piece Mini Nail Colour Kit: I bought a kit like this last year and really liked it because you get a variety of shades in half the size and so it's a good way to wear them for a few times before they dry out in the bottle. There were six colors that I already had from the first kit but there were also some colors that I don't usually buy and would be fun to try out. Shades in the kit include:
    • Dear Diary, How Cute is That?, Natural Environ-mint, It's Hippo to be Square, Access 24/7, Ms. Can't Be Wrong
    • Don't Feed the Hand Models, Metro Chic, Already Famous, I'm with Brad, Sample Sale, Fiercely Fabulous
    • Break a Leg-Warmer, Bring on the Snowflakes, Mermaid to Order, I Don't Bite, Eve-y on the Eyes, Just a Little Dangerous

















  • Marc Jacobs Oh, Lola! Eau de Parfum Spray: I was looking for a new perfume so I picked this up. It has raspberry, vanilla, peony, pear and cyclaman. I'm not the greatest at describing scents but this is light, fruity and floral-y. It's a youthful, fresh fragrance that isn't over-powering.
  • Fresh Sugar Passion Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15: My mom gave this to me when she bought the Brown Sugar Affair Set. These can be kind of pricey if bought by itself so I'm glad I could give it a try before buying it myself. It's a sheer brown-red that just adds a hint of color and a light sheen to the lips. It's great for people who don't like wearing alot of lip products but want a wash of color and shine. The sugar that's in the lip balm is supposed to keep the lips moisturized, while meadowfoam and black currant seed oils hydrates and conditions the lips. The  texture is buttery smooth and has a subtle fruity scent to it. As nice of a product this is, I don't think I would actually go out and buy it not only because of the price but because it's a product that I can only use it during the day as I would worry it smear all over while sleeping at night. I do like that the packaging is the same color as the product which makes it easier to find the color you're looking for.

This last beauty product is a set I got using my 500 point-perk. It include's:
  • Soy Face Cleanser: I've used this before with my Clarisonic Mia and liked it a lot. It has a gel texture that leaves your skin feeling clean and refreshed but not drying.
  • Black Tea Age Delay Cream: This has a slightly rich texture that is supposed to reduce fine lines and firm the skin with "collagen-boosting lychee". Black tea protects the skin from pollution as well as hydrate and moisturize. I personally don't like the scent of this product which I think it's the smell that bothers me.
  • Sugar Rose Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15: This is a mini size in a sheer rose-y pink shade. I prefer this color over Sugar Passion as it's closer to my natural lip color and just looks better with my skin-tone.
Did you make any last minute Sephora F&F sale purchases?



Glamour Girl

1 comment:

  1. I have the bronzer and I love it! It even smells like chocolate LOL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails