Holiday collections are out and M.A.C released a huge one divided into three sub-collections: Glitter and Ice, Ice Parade and Dazzlesphere!. I bought a little bit from each and thought it'd be best to review them all together in one post.
Glitter and Ice
- Morning Frost Paint Pot: This is the only product that really interested me and thought it would get most use. It's a frosty pale taupe-silver champagne that looks beautiful on the lid or on the inner corner as a highlight. The packaging has a white cap as opposed to their signature black to go with their winter-theme collection. Paint Pots can be worn on its own as a cream eyeshadow or as a base to intensify powder eyeshadows. It has a creamy texture that is easy to blend and can be built up for more pigmentation but sometimes if you layer on too much, it starts to look cake-y. I like to use a brush for more precise application but fingers work just as well as the warmth of your fingers will help blend the product.
From this collection, I only bought two lip bag sets:
- Iced Delights Lip Bag/Sultry: This set has neutral pink-y brown colors that I think can work on almost any skin-tone and easily go from a day to night look. It comes in a metallic silver-clear snow globe inspired bag and the packaging for each product is white. The set contains:
- Deelight Cremesheen Glass: Permanent shade, it's a medium neutral pink-y brown. Doe-foe applicator with a smooth non-sticky texture.
- I Love Winter Lipstick: Limited edition shade, Cremesheen fnish, light-medium rose-y pink beige.
- Boldly Bare Lip Pencil: Permanent shade, warm pink-y brown. The size is a mini, about 2/3 of their regular lip pencils.
- Melt Your Heart Lip Bag: This set contains two Lady Gaga Viva Glam Lipsticks that are both limited edition. I missed out on the first Gaga lipstick so I'm glad I could still get it in this set. It comes in a similar bag like the Iced Delights Lip Bag sets but in metallic red. As you would buy any other Viva Glam lipstick, 100% of the proceeds go to the M.A.C AIDS fund. Descriptions of the lipsticks are:
- Gaga: Lustre finish, bright light cool pink
- Gaga 2: Amplified finish, light beige-nude
I bought all three Crushed Metallic Pigment sets as the first time I bought them was during the Surf, Baby! Collection and loved them. They're similar to the regular Pigments but have a slightly denser texture that sort of ball-up in the the container. You use them like any other eyeshadow, although it can get a little messy as it's in a loose form. Most have high pigmentation with a smooth texture but a few are on the lighter, shimmery finish with a slightly gritty texture. You can also use these wet with a damp brush for more of a metallic look. They're in duo-stacked containers that actually can be connected all together if you remove the lids of each stack. Each set comes in a round plastic ornament packaging which might be cute but I find a little wasteful and unnecessary. All swatches are applied dry, the colors in each set contain:
- Berry Ornament:
- Pearl: pale frosty pink-white
- Rose Light: frosty light rose-pink
- Spicy Smokey: frosty medium rusty cranberry red
- Roasted Chestnut: frosty dark chocolate golden brown
- Plum Ornament:
- Misty: shimmery pale silver
- Seasonal Cool: shimmery-iridescent medium warm taupe-bronze
- Light Violet: shimmery light pink-y lavender
- Grape: frosty dark warm-purple
- Smokey Blue Ornament:
- White as Snow: frosty silvery-white
- Silver Sleet: frosty light silver
- Wintersky: shimmery medium royal blue
- Dark Moon: shimmery black with silver sparkles
I'm pretty happy with everything I got but my favorites are the Crushed Metallic Pigment sets. I love using the lighter shades as highlighters for the inner corners of the eyes as it gives a stronger highlight impact and they seem to last longer on me which I have a problem with regular eyeshadows fading quickly. What are your favorites from this collection?
♥ Glamour Girl