November 21, 2011

Chic Shopaholic: Forever 21, Nail Polishes, Neo Plaza, Hair Tools

Before APEC week started, my mom, sister and I decided to shop around Waikiki strip before they blocked all the areas. Didn't buy any makeup but it's still beauty related!

I've been thinking about what to wear for New Year's Eve/Day and at Forever 21, I bought this silver-sequined jacket. Perfect for the holiday season and to jazz up any outfit. I would pair it with something more simple like a black dress since the jacket would be the key piece of the entire outfit.


There's a little beauty store called Neo Plaza that sell skincare, body products, nail polishes and tools and other beauty supplies. I wanted to get some nail polishes so here's what I got:
  • Essie 3-Way Glaze: This is a base coat, treatment and top coat in one. This is my second bottle and I like it because the texture is thin and doesn't get thick and goopy quickly so t lasts a long time.
  • Nubar Hot Red Nail Lacquer: I've seen this brand mentioned on blogs and so I told my mom to pick this out to try. She love bright colors and this one is a orange-red, cream finish. She liked the formula and the ease of the application.
  • Orly Catch the Bouquet Nail Lacquer: Another brand I've wanted to try, this is a light pink pearly shimmer.
  • Nicole by OPI Ink a Dink a Pink: I've never heard of this line by OPI but apparently it carries trendier colors. This is a bright medium magenta pink and has an interesting shape bottle, sort of comes to an angle at the front. I don't find the formula to be any different then the regular OPI line.
  • OPI Nail Lacquer: I also bought two polishes from the regular OPI line of colors that I don't wear often:
    • Cuckoo for This Color: dark shimmery forest teal-green
    • Desgner...de Better: metallic silver pewter with red sparkles

One last beauty product I bought was Curl Up! Heart Sponge Curlers. There was only one left but there are some websites that sell them and even come in other shapes like pumpkins and strawberries. They come in a pack of six and each curler has a slit in the middle where you wrap your hair around. You roll up the curlers to your head and it actually stays put without any pins or clips.  Because there are only six pieces, you do have to use larger sections of hair and the result is a looser curl/wave. I tried them out and they are easy to use and comfortable to wear, even to sleep with them overnight. This is very similar to the pillow curlers tutorial I did a while back, that you can watch here.

What are your plans for New Years Eve/Day? What are you wearing and what makeup are you going to do?



Glamour Girl

1 comment:

  1. I haven't dressed up for New Year's in sooo long. The DH & I pick a movie that ends after midnight so we can avoid the smoke!

    I like Neo Plaza, too! They sometimes have things other places don't.

    I enjoy reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails