October 14, 2011

Chic Shopaholic: Banana Republic, Forever 21, Giorgio Armani, M.A.C

I had some birthday money to spend (thanks grandma!) and thought I'd do a big shopping spree which I haven't done in a while, so here are my recent hauls over the last week.

I don't really find clothes that I like at Banana Republic but somehow I hit the jackpot in finding jewelry. I bought five bracelets that look great by themselves or layered together. The first one is black leather with bronze rhinestones which are held by metal settings. It's sort of a two-in-one design because I can flip the bracelet inside out for a more rocker look.

These next two bracelets are also leather with rhinestones; the first one black leather with amethyst rhinestone, the second brown leather with white rhinestones. I like that these have a bit of sparkle but it's still simple and classic.

Next, is a string wrap-around bracelet with tiny gold beading threaded through. It came in various colors but I liked this one because it had black, light grey and pink threads and sort of had an Indian-design to it. I liked that it has some color but it isn't too loud and the colors blend well together.

Last but not least, is a metal bracelet with tiny circles and rhinestones within each circle. It's simple and delicate, perfect for an evening accessory.

Recently I cleaned out my closet as my family and I are planning to do a garage sale and so of course I had to restock my wardrobe. I bought five dresses, all from Forever 21. The first dress is a pink-brown tiered floral spaghetti strap with a wide knitted belt. It sort of has a country style to it, which I think it would look cute under a denim jacket.

Dress #2 is muted blue with red and pink flower prints on it that ties in a bow in the back. It's a very feminine style dress that could work for a day outfit with a cardigan or a night look with a blazer.

This next dress is cream colored with pink roses and leaves on the the side and embroidery on the neckline. It's much more simple and casual and I can just throw it on when I'm doing errands during the day or just wear it around the house.

These last two dresses are a little more fancier, sort of dinner-party looks. The first one is a black cocktail style with gold polka dots. I think this would look great with the black fur jacket my sister got me for my birthday.

Finally, this one is a bright apricot-coral strapless chiffon dress. It would look like a Summery outfit paired with gold accessories or Winter-y contrast with purple-plum colors.

I also bought two hair accessories at F21, Rose Duo Clips, in cream and dusty pink. I'm getting into accessorizing my hair and I thought these were really pretty to wear on the side above my ears or next to up-do styles like a high bun.

I've been obsessed with Giorgio Armani and I was looking for a different shade for the Rouge d'Armani Lipstick and Gloss d'Armani than what I got for my birthday. I wanted them to have a little more color but something still natural and so this is what the SA suggested for me:
  • #502 Pink Rouge d'Armani Lipstick: medium plum-pink. The formula is just as creamy, with a glossy finish but because this shade has a little more color to it, it actually leaves a subtle stain when it wears off.

  • #600 Plum Gloss d'Armani: shimmery medium cool-tone plum.   The texture is just as smooth and lasts for a decent amount of time when not eating or drinking but is still comfortable to wear. This gloss has enough pigment that I can wear it on its own. It's not a matching gloss to the lipstick but I really like these shades paired together. It just adds a little more color and a subtle shimmer to the lips, plus it's a perfect shade for Fall.


M.A.C recently released the Fall Colour Collection which was originally called Cindy Sherman Collection, as she did the photography for the campaign promotional photos. It was a pretty massive collection but surprisingly I was only interested in two lipsticks:
  • Fusion Pink: Amplified finish; bright pink-y red coral. It's limited edition in this collection but is available to purchase at PRO stores. The texture is creamy and the pigmentation is opaque with a subtle pink sheen to it.

  • Show Orchid: Amplified finish; bright fuchsia pink.  It's limited edition in this collection but is available to purchase at PRO stores. The texture is creamy and the pigmentation is opaque with a subtle pink-purple sheen to it.

Well, that's my haul... Surprisingly I bought more clothes and accessories than makeup! I'm really happy with everything though. Have you updated your wardrobe or bought any new makeup for the Fall season?



Glamour Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails