September 16, 2011

Chic Shopaholic: Neiman Marcus Beauty Event, Giorgio Armani Beauty

I picked up my Neiman Marcus Beauty Event order last week, here's what I got! 

First up, the GWP...

I picked the black tote bag for the Neiman Marcus gift of which you get with sample when you spend $100 or more on cosmetics and fragrances. The samples consists of:
  • Givenchy Dahlia Noir Fragrance, 0.04 fl. oz.
  • Prada Prada Candy Fragrance, 0.05 fl. oz.
  • Le Metier de Beaute Revitalizing Anti-Aging Day Creme, 0.08 oz.
  • Bottega Veneta Fragrance, 0.04 fl. oz.
  • Sisley-Paris Supremya at Night, 0.06 oz.
  • Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Face Polish, 0.4 oz.
  • Jack Black Natural Mint & Shea Butter Lip Balm, 0.1 oz.
  • Fekkai Salon Technician Color Care Rapid Results Moisture Mask & Salon Technician Highlight Care Illuminating Cream, 0.3 oz. each
  • AmorePacific Time Response Eye Renewal Cream, 0.1 oz.

I've been wanting to shop from Giorgio Armani Beauty and so the gift they were offering seemed the perfect time to buy. For spending $150, you get:
  • Regenessence Eye Packette, 1 mL.
  • Regenessence Cream, 3 mL.
  • Regenessence Serum, 3 mL.
  • Fluid Master Primer, 5 mL.
  • #2 Fluid Sheer, 5 mL: shimmering beige
  • #5.5 Luminous Silk Foundation, 5 mL.
  • #1 Eyes to Kill Mini, 2 mL.: black
  • Acqua di Gioia Rollerball 10 mL.
  • #12 Smooth Silk Eye Pencil, full size: matte dark black-brown
  • Cosmetics bag

Now onto the purchases...
  • #4 Luminous Silk Foundation: I've tried 6 packette samples of this to be sure I really liked it as it's rather pricey but each time I wore it, I loved the look and finish of it. It has light to medium build-able coverage that leaves a subtle glow to the skin. Easy to blend, feels lightweight and comfortable to wear on my normal-dry skin. I also like that it has a pump to dispense the product so that I can control how much I need without wasting it.

  • #10 Beige Sheer Blush: I've read rave reviews on their blushes, especially for this shade. It's a light beige-y pink with a hint of a golden shimmer. The pigmentation is sheer like the name states but it does show up on my skin and just adds enough color to the face without worrying you'll overdo it. The texture is smooth but not overly powdery and is effortless to apply.

  • #1 Brown Sand Sheer Bronzer: I normally stick to buying matte bronzers as I like to double it for contouring but sometimes I'll use a shimmery one if I want a glowy sun-kissed look. #1 looks like a really dark dirty brown but it's actually a neutral medium brown with a hint of gold-bronze shimmer. This is also a sheer product with a soft texture and gives a natural bronzed look to the skin.

Overall, I'm really happy with these GA products and would love to try more from them. Even with the hefty price tag, the quality is really nice. I also thought the NM gift had some nice sample products that I would actually use. Did you take part in this year's Beauty Event? What did you buy?



Glamour Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails