September 01, 2011

Chic Shopaholic: M.A.C Me Over! Collection

Fall collections are here and M.A.C released a massive one called M.A.C Me Over. What makes this collection a little special is that they ran an open online casting call and 6 lucky people won makeovers and to be the face of the collection. There are so many products but I just bought shades that I really liked and would use most.
  • Eyeshadows: The shade selections contained beige-browns, taupe and copper, perfect for Fall. I bought four of the five limited edition more neutral shades, which I think are suitable for anyone. I especially love that the two medium brown  shades are matte finishes as it gives depth to the eyes.
    • Creamy Bisque: Frost finish;  pearly pale ivory
    • Outre: Matte finish; medium muted yellow-brown
    • Moleskin: Matte finish; medium caramel-beige
    • Carbonized: Veluxe Pearl finish; rich pearly dark chocolate brown with brown shimmer
  • Avenue Fluidline: M.A.C released four limited edition gel liners and I picked this one, a dark soft black with gold shimmer, as I thought I would get the most use out of it. I don't normally wear shimmery eyeliner but I like the subtle effect of this color and the gold seems to warm up my brown eyes a little more. The texture is creamy, long-wearing but not waterproof, and could double as a cream eyeshadow base.

  • Rebel Lipstick: I only bought one of the eight Lipsticks M.A.C released and it's actually a permanent shade in the line. It looks dark in the tube but it's actually a vivid pink-purple burgundy. A Satin finish with no visible shimmer but it has a nice creamy subtle-sheen to the lips.

  • Stunner Blush: A Satin finish, light coral-pink. It's quite a subtle shade of blush that you could wear it with both natural or dramatic looks but for tan or darker skin-tones, it might not show up that well.

Overall, I really liked this collection. It might not have the most unique shades and some might find it a bit boring, but I think the colors are really flattering on almost everyone. What did you buy from this collection?



Glamour Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails