September 22, 2011

Chic Shopaholic: Beauty.com, TheBalm 20% Off Sale

I recently did a couple of online shopping sprees this month, here's what I hauled:

Firstly, I had to replenish some staple products from Beauty.com/Drugstore.com and thought I pick up some false lashes from Eylure. They are a UK brand and the sisters from pixiwoo uses them often in their tutorials. I bought three in the Naturalites line: 101 is quite dramatic and all even in length giving it a volume and  full look, whereas 110 and 120 are more on the natural-looking side with more length than volume.













Secondly, on TheBalm's website, they had a 20% sale on all their products for one day in honor of the Wall Street Tennis Challenge charity event to support the fight against ovarian cancer. It was my first time ordering directly from the website and was pleasantly surprised at how quickly it arrived (less than a week, free shipping). Here's what I ordered:
  • Meet Matt(e) Eyeshadow Palette: Even though I love TheBalm's Shady Lady eyeshadow palette, all  of the finishes are shimmery and so I was excited that they released an all matte eyeshadow palette. It consists of nine eyeshadows named after their favorite guys named Matt. The size of the whole palette is quite small, about the size of my hand, stored in a little book-like packaging. It includes a double ended eyeshadow/liner brush, which I don't think I would use unless it's to touch-up my makeup. The textures are smooth to apply and are well pigmented. I love that there is a mix of neutral browns and a few "colored" shades that are still wearable. Shades include:
    • Matt Smith: light nude-beige (very close to my skin color)
    • Matt Gallagher: medium beige-brown
    • Matt Ramirez: dark espresso brown
    • Matt McDonald: dark charcoal
    • Matt Horowitz: dark blue-grey
    • Matt Chung: pale pink
    • Matt Batali: dark eggplant-brown
    • Matt Schilling: medium moss-green
    • Matt Patel: medium taupe-brown
  • Down Boy Shadow/Blush: I love TheBalm's blushes and have added this one to my collection. It's a matte light pink and like their other blushes, this one is pigmented with a smooth texture. Their blushes can also be used as an eyeshadow which is nice if you're in a rush and you need a double-duty product.
My order also came with a sample of Stainiac, which is a cheek and lip stain, in the shade Beauty Queen, a red-berry. I haven't tried it yet but when I do, hopefully I'll like it as much as the other TheBalm products and buy it to review on my blog.

That's it for my online hauls for this month...Have you shopped from any special deals online recently?




Glamour Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails