September 27, 2011
September 22, 2011
I recently did a couple of online shopping sprees this month, here's what I hauled:
Firstly, I had to replenish some staple products from Beauty.com/Drugstore.com and thought I pick up some false lashes from Eylure. They are a UK brand and the sisters from pixiwoo uses them often in their tutorials. I bought three in the Naturalites line: 101 is quite dramatic and all even in length giving it a volume and full look, whereas 110 and 120 are more on the natural-looking side with more length than volume.
Secondly, on TheBalm's website, they had a 20% sale on all their products for one day in honor of the Wall Street Tennis Challenge charity event to support the fight against ovarian cancer. It was my first time ordering directly from the website and was pleasantly surprised at how quickly it arrived (less than a week, free shipping). Here's what I ordered:
- Meet Matt(e) Eyeshadow Palette: Even though I love TheBalm's Shady Lady eyeshadow palette, all of the finishes are shimmery and so I was excited that they released an all matte eyeshadow palette. It consists of nine eyeshadows named after their favorite guys named Matt. The size of the whole palette is quite small, about the size of my hand, stored in a little book-like packaging. It includes a double ended eyeshadow/liner brush, which I don't think I would use unless it's to touch-up my makeup. The textures are smooth to apply and are well pigmented. I love that there is a mix of neutral browns and a few "colored" shades that are still wearable. Shades include:
- Matt Smith: light nude-beige (very close to my skin color)
- Matt Gallagher: medium beige-brown
- Matt Ramirez: dark espresso brown
- Matt McDonald: dark charcoal
- Matt Horowitz: dark blue-grey
- Matt Chung: pale pink
- Matt Batali: dark eggplant-brown
- Matt Schilling: medium moss-green
- Matt Patel: medium taupe-brown
- Down Boy Shadow/Blush: I love TheBalm's blushes and have added this one to my collection. It's a matte light pink and like their other blushes, this one is pigmented with a smooth texture. Their blushes can also be used as an eyeshadow which is nice if you're in a rush and you need a double-duty product.
My order also came with a sample of Stainiac, which is a cheek and lip stain, in the shade Beauty Queen, a red-berry. I haven't tried it yet but when I do, hopefully I'll like it as much as the other TheBalm products and buy it to review on my blog.
That's it for my online hauls for this month...Have you shopped from any special deals online recently?
♥ Glamour Girl
September 16, 2011
I picked up my Neiman Marcus Beauty Event order last week, here's what I got!
First up, the GWP...
I picked the black tote bag for the Neiman Marcus gift of which you get with sample when you spend $100 or more on cosmetics and fragrances. The samples consists of:
- Givenchy Dahlia Noir Fragrance, 0.04 fl. oz.
- Prada Prada Candy Fragrance, 0.05 fl. oz.
- Le Metier de Beaute Revitalizing Anti-Aging Day Creme, 0.08 oz.
- Bottega Veneta Fragrance, 0.04 fl. oz.
- Sisley-Paris Supremya at Night, 0.06 oz.
- Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Face Polish, 0.4 oz.
- Jack Black Natural Mint & Shea Butter Lip Balm, 0.1 oz.
- Fekkai Salon Technician Color Care Rapid Results Moisture Mask & Salon Technician Highlight Care Illuminating Cream, 0.3 oz. each
- AmorePacific Time Response Eye Renewal Cream, 0.1 oz.
I've been wanting to shop from Giorgio Armani Beauty and so the gift they were offering seemed the perfect time to buy. For spending $150, you get:
- Regenessence Eye Packette, 1 mL.
- Regenessence Cream, 3 mL.
- Regenessence Serum, 3 mL.
- Fluid Master Primer, 5 mL.
- #2 Fluid Sheer, 5 mL: shimmering beige
- #5.5 Luminous Silk Foundation, 5 mL.
- #1 Eyes to Kill Mini, 2 mL.: black
- Acqua di Gioia Rollerball 10 mL.
- #12 Smooth Silk Eye Pencil, full size: matte dark black-brown
- Cosmetics bag
- #4 Luminous Silk Foundation: I've tried 6 packette samples of this to be sure I really liked it as it's rather pricey but each time I wore it, I loved the look and finish of it. It has light to medium build-able coverage that leaves a subtle glow to the skin. Easy to blend, feels lightweight and comfortable to wear on my normal-dry skin. I also like that it has a pump to dispense the product so that I can control how much I need without wasting it.
- #10 Beige Sheer Blush: I've read rave reviews on their blushes, especially for this shade. It's a light beige-y pink with a hint of a golden shimmer. The pigmentation is sheer like the name states but it does show up on my skin and just adds enough color to the face without worrying you'll overdo it. The texture is smooth but not overly powdery and is effortless to apply.
- #1 Brown Sand Sheer Bronzer: I normally stick to buying matte bronzers as I like to double it for contouring but sometimes I'll use a shimmery one if I want a glowy sun-kissed look. #1 looks like a really dark dirty brown but it's actually a neutral medium brown with a hint of gold-bronze shimmer. This is also a sheer product with a soft texture and gives a natural bronzed look to the skin.
Overall, I'm really happy with these GA products and would love to try more from them. Even with the hefty price tag, the quality is really nice. I also thought the NM gift had some nice sample products that I would actually use. Did you take part in this year's Beauty Event? What did you buy?
♥ Glamour Girl
September 15, 2011
September 01, 2011
Fall collections are here and M.A.C released a massive one called M.A.C Me Over. What makes this collection a little special is that they ran an open online casting call and 6 lucky people won makeovers and to be the face of the collection. There are so many products but I just bought shades that I really liked and would use most.
- Eyeshadows: The shade selections contained beige-browns, taupe and copper, perfect for Fall. I bought four of the five limited edition more neutral shades, which I think are suitable for anyone. I especially love that the two medium brown shades are matte finishes as it gives depth to the eyes.
- Creamy Bisque: Frost finish; pearly pale ivory
- Outre: Matte finish; medium muted yellow-brown
- Moleskin: Matte finish; medium caramel-beige
- Carbonized: Veluxe Pearl finish; rich pearly dark chocolate brown with brown shimmer
- Avenue Fluidline: M.A.C released four limited edition gel liners and I picked this one, a dark soft black with gold shimmer, as I thought I would get the most use out of it. I don't normally wear shimmery eyeliner but I like the subtle effect of this color and the gold seems to warm up my brown eyes a little more. The texture is creamy, long-wearing but not waterproof, and could double as a cream eyeshadow base.
- Rebel Lipstick: I only bought one of the eight Lipsticks M.A.C released and it's actually a permanent shade in the line. It looks dark in the tube but it's actually a vivid pink-purple burgundy. A Satin finish with no visible shimmer but it has a nice creamy subtle-sheen to the lips.
- Stunner Blush: A Satin finish, light coral-pink. It's quite a subtle shade of blush that you could wear it with both natural or dramatic looks but for tan or darker skin-tones, it might not show up that well.
Overall, I really liked this collection. It might not have the most unique shades and some might find it a bit boring, but I think the colors are really flattering on almost everyone. What did you buy from this collection?
♥ Glamour Girl