August 30, 2011
August 28, 2011
Last week I had an eye doctor appointment and since it was at Ala Moana Shopping Center, I thought I'd do a mini shopping haul.
M.A.C recently came out with new Sheen Supreme Lipstick shades, which are supposed to be a hybrid of a of a Lipstick and a Lipglass. All shades are are permanent and the color I bought was Korean Candy, a bright orange-red. The texture is creamy, glides on effortlessly and makes it easy to have a lipstick and gloss in one. Because these lipsticks have a creamy-glossy texture, they don't last as long as I'd like them to be but they feel comfortable enough to wear and to reapply.
I also bought Brow Set in Clear which are gels with a mascara-wand applicator to keep your brows in place. They come in a few tinted shade but Clear obviously works on any brow hair color. I have bought countless of these before and continue to buy them as I like how they make my brows look polished and well groomed, without looking stiff and and it doesn't flake off during the day.
I stopped by bebe to see if they had the cropped red faux-leather jacket that I saw online recently, and they did! For some reason I really like bebe's jackets as they fit really well on me (I bought a black motorcycle jacket before), even though I don't particular like the rest of the style of clothing. I never had a red jacket before but I thought it was a really nice "statement" piece of clothing that I could pair with a basic or printed t-shirt, or maybe even something floral-y. The red is not sold online anymore but you can still purchase it in other colors.
|Pintuck Cropped Leatherette Jacket|
Last but not least, I just wanted to share my new glasses I got - by CHANEL! I have wanted CHANEL glasses for a while as I really like their simple and sophisticated style of frames. It's also a bonus that their logo matches the first letter of my first and last name. ;)
Here's a photo I took that day wearing the new glasses - also couldn't help wearing the new bebe jacket out of the store. :P
That's it for my mini haul of the week!
♥ Glamour Girl
August 26, 2011
Just a quick heads-up, Neiman Marcus is having their Beauty Event Week on Sept. 8-18th. I was able pre-order what I wanted from Giorgio Armani but they won't charge it until two days before it starts. I picked up the pamphlet that lists each brand of the minimum you have to spend or what products you have to buy from each brand, and the gift you receive.
- ACQUA DI PARMA: $100; Colonia: Yellow hatbox w/ EdT, Bath & Shower Gel, Body Cream
- AGRARIA: $100; Luxury Bath Bar
- AMOREPACIFIC: $250; Cosmetics bag w/ Treatment Cleansing Soap, Moisture Bound Skin Energy Hydration Delivery System, Bio-Enzyme Refining Complex, your choice of Time Response Skin Renewal Creme, Future Response Creme, or Moisture Bound Rejuvenating Creme sample. $500; all the above, plus Osulloc Premium Flower Tea Set
- ANNICK GOUTAL: Purchase a large Anick Goutal Spray; Gold pouch with Eau d'Hadrien EdP
- ANTHOUSA: $75; Votive Candle in Cucumber & Green Grass or White Gardenia
- ANTICA FARMACISTA: $85; Set of three 'Grapefruit' Hand Soaps
- ATELIER COLOGNE: Purchase Collection Absolue or any large Cologne Absolue; Leather pouch w/ Atomizer
- BALENCIAGA: $130; Black acrylic pouch w/ L'Essence EdP
- BEAUTY BY CLINICA IVO PITANGUAY: $300; Gold Cosmetics bag w. PreVious Rebalancing Formula, PreVious Neck Lifting Formula, and Specifics Ultimate Eye Cream
- BELLECORE: $295; Apres Contouring Creme
- BLISS: $60; Zippered bag w/ Fabulous Foaming Face Wash, Triple Oxygen+C Energizing Cream, and High Intensity Hand Cream
- BOBBI BROWN: $100; Berry to Go Collection (Berry Lip Palette w/ 'Berry' Metallic Lip Color and 'Pink' and 'Brown' Lip Colors), 'Crystal' Lip Gloss, and Lip Brush
- BVLGARI: $79; Bvlgari Man EdT. $80; Mon Jasmin Noir: EdT and Body Lotion. $300; White train case w/ your choice of Source Defense Serum, Serum Precieux, or Elixir Merveilleux
- CARTIER: $125; Red box w/ Must de Cartier Body Milk
- CHANTECAILLE: $150; Blue metallic pouch w/ Flower Harmonizing Cream, Jasmine & Lily Healing Mask, Elation Brilliant Gloss, and Tiare EdP vial-on-card
- CHLOE: $110; Brown leather and white canvas pouch with EdP
- CLARISONIC: $149; "Daisy Barrel" bag w/ Normal Brush Head
- CLE DE PEAU BEAUTE: $300; Signature cosmetics bag w/ Restorative Body Cream, Gentle Protective Emulsion, 'Replica' Lipstick, and Le Creme
- CLINIQUE: $65; Silver cosmetics bag w/ Even Better Skin Tone Correcting Moisturizer SPF 20, Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief, 'Strawberry Bliss' Vitamin C Lip Smoothie Antioxidant Lip Color, 'Black/Brown' Quickliner for Eyes, 'Pink/Trax/Chocolate Chip' Eyeshadow Trio, 'Black' High Impact Mascara
- DOLCE & GABBANA: $73; The One for Men travel bag
- EDWARD BESS: $200, full-size 'Dark Blossom' Deep Shine Lipgloss
- ELIE SAAB: Purchase Elie Saab Spray; Le Parfum: NM Exclusive Parfum and Soap
- ESTEE LAUDER: $100; Champagne cosmetics bag w/ full-size 'Black' Sumptuous Mascara, 'Magnificent Mauve' Pure Color Gloss, Advanced Night Repair Eye
- FRESH: $125; Cosmetics bag w/ Soy Fresh Cleanser, Brown Sugar EdT, and Brown Sugar Body Polish. $150; All of the above, plus Brown sugar Hand Cream
- GIORGIO ARMANI: $150; Dark grey bag w/ full-size 'Brown Black' Smooth Silk Eye Pencil, Fluid Master Primer, 'Beige' Luminous Silk Foundation, 'Shimmering Beige' Fluid Sheer, 'Black' Eyes to Kill Mascara, Regenessence Eye Rejuvenating Serum, Regenessence Multi-Corrective Rejuvenating Cream, and Aqua di Gioa EdP Rollerball
- GIVENCHY: $150; NM Exclusive coffret w/ Dahlia Noir Candle
- GLAMGLOW: $69; Mud Mask
- GUERLAIN: $200; Gold pouch w/ Secret de Purete Cleansing Milk and Orchodee Imperiale Cream, Serum, and Eye and Lip Cream. Purchase large Shalimar Spray; Shalimar tote
- HALSTON: Purchase large Halston Spray; Amber EdP or EdT, or Platinum EdP or EdT
- HANAE MORI: $75; Women's Butterfly: Tote w/ Bath and Shower Gel and Body Cream. $75; Men's HM: Bath and Shower Gel and After-Shave Balm
- HERMES: Purchase large Hermes Spray; Eau d'Orange Verte EDT Travel Spray, Jardin sur le Toit EdT Travel Spray, Eau des Merveilles EdT Travel Spray, Voyage d'Hermes EdT and Body Lotion, or Terre d'Hermes EdT
- HOUBIGANT PARIS: $130; Fougere Royale Deoderant. $170; Duc de Vervins Deoderant. $180; Qualques Fleurs Creme. $200; Quelques Fleurs Royale Lotion
August 23, 2011
Cherryculture.com was offering Facebook fans 20% off everything once they hit 20,000 "Likes". There were a bunch of things I've been planning to order so I was glad for the discount. Here's what I got.
- Eyeko Cream: This is one of the most popular products in their line, a 3-in-1 multi-tasking product that can be used a moisturizer, eye cream and highlighter. It has a creamy texture, is easy to blend and has an opalescent-pink color. Once blended, it leaves a pretty iridescent glow on the skin. Because it has shimmer in it, I wouldn't use it as a daily moisturizer or eye cream but would apply it before or mix it with my foundation or tinted moisturizer for a subtle glow.
- Eyeko Glow Getter Cheeky Colour: This is one of the three limited edition baked blush duos. The left side is a shimmery light pinky shade and the right side is a shimmery medium rose-y pink shade. You can wear each color separately or mix them together for a custom blend. The blush is a bit powdery but it's easy to blend and is nicely pigmented. Underneath the blush there is a mirror and a small blush brush but the quality was so poor, it was actually shedding before I even used it, that I threw it out. In the swatch photo, I swiped each color separately and then blended together.
- Eyeko Hot Lips Liptastik: This is also a limited edition product, one of the three lipstick-gloss pens which has a pigmentation of a lipstick with a shiny finish of a gloss. As you can in the photo, that's how much product is in it when you twist up the bottom. Because you can't sharpen it, some might find it difficult to get a defined lip but I use the side of the pencil instead of the tip. The pencil dulls a lot quicker when using the point but I can still get a crisp line when using the sides. It's described as a "fresh fruity fragrance" but I'm not really a fan of it and find it has a bit of a plastic-waxy scent.
- Milani Baked Powder Blush: I've read great reviews on these products and wanted to try them but Milani is hard to find around here. These blushes are baked on Italian terracotta tiles and have a mixture of shades to create a marbled effect. It has a smooth texture, is very pigmented and easy to blend. You can even use these baked blushes wet by dampening your brush to intensify the colors. Like the Eyeko Cheeky Colours, these have a mirror and a small blush brush underneath the blush. The quality of the brush wasn't so great either in my opinion so I threw them out. The colors I bought were:
- Luminoso: shimmery light peach-coral with a golden sheen
- Fantastico Mauve: satin-sheen medium plum-berry
- LASplash Eyeliner Base Lid Splash: I'm always looking for products to keep my liner staying in place, especially using eyeshadows on the lower lash-line because it tends to smudge easily. I watched a video from Petrilude, where he shared a quick-tip of applying glitter and he recommended LASplash Eyeshadow Sealer. They also make a liner base so I thought I'd give it a try. It first comes out milky-white but then turns clear once dried. I use the thin brush applicator to apply a thin layer of the base, wait for it to become tacky, then use a brush to apply the eyeshadow on top. This product does seem to help keep the liner in place but I find that if you rub it, it flakes off.
- Amuse 12 Pearl Colors Eyeshadow: This palette was on sale for $2 and I bought it not to use the eyeshadows but to actually make a lip palette out of it. I have so many lipsticks and wanted a better way to store them so I would be sure to use them. Anyway, I thought of this idea of using cheap eyeshadows palettes because the professional empty lip palettes I've seen are quite expensive and too big to carry around for personal use. I bought 7 of these so I can group each palette by color family. I did actually swatch the eyeshadows just to test out the quality and although they have decent pigment, the texture is very powdery and doesn't seem to last long.
Here's a quick photo of a lip palette I made using all M.A.C Lipsticks, in a nude-beige color range.
That's it for all I bought from the sale. I like the blushes I got especially at "drugstore" prices but find the packaging a bit bulky. The Liptastik pencil is nice but because I was put off by the scent, I probably won't buy the other shades. I like that the eyeshadow palette has room to fit a lip brush and has a mirror for easy touch-ups. Did you purchase anything from the sale?
♥ Glamour Girl
August 15, 2011
After doing big shopping hauls recently, I've been trying to hold off and save for things I really want but couldn't help do a mini haul last week.
At M.A.C, I only bought Ample Pink Plushglass because I've read great things about it so I thought I'd give it a try. It's a lip-plumping gloss and I didn't notice my lips looking fuller but it has a nice glossy shine to it. It feels nice and tingly but not burning like other lip-plumpers out there. It has a bit of a stronger sweet vanilla scent than other M.A.C lipglosses which I don't really care for but it barely lingers after applied. It has a slight tacky texture to it but is not super sticky that it's uncomfortable to wear. Ample Pink is a medium pigmented pinky-beige and actually looks quite similar to Lust Lipglass in the tube but is lighter and more pink.
A few weeks ago, my mom accidentally dropped my Trish McEvoy Refillable Double-Decker Compact and a couple of the Eye Definers broke into tiny little pieces. They were cracked already and I've been wanting to replace them so it was a good excuse to check out other colors. I love the Eye Definers because when you use them with a damp brush as a liner, they're super pigmented. You can also use them dry for a softer effect like an eyeshadow. In the photo, I swatched them both dry and wet so you can see the difference on how they are applied. The shades I bought were:
- Black: Matte black. My favorite and most pigmented black shadow.
- Arabian Nights: Dark shimmery navy blue.
- Lava: Soft black with gold shimmer.
Last two things that I didn't buy but my mom found and bought for me was a cropped quarter-length cardigan jacket, in black and white, from Jeans Warehouse. It kind of look like mini blazers on me lol.
Have you made any mini shopping hauls recently?
♥ Glamour Girl
August 10, 2011
My second tutorial using the Josie Maran My Favorite Argan Powders palette. You can see the first look I did here.