July 02, 2011

Chic Shopaholic: Sephora, Benefit, Make Up For Ever, M.A.C, Nordstrom, P.Y.T

A couple weeks ago I had a sudden trip with my mom and sister at Ala Moana Shopping Center and unexpectantly spent a lot of money...

First stop, M.A.C:
  • Love Nectar Lustreglass: Light pinky-peach with a subtle shimmery pearl finish. Lustreglasses have a sheer-to-medium pigmentation so they're great to lay over other lip products and still be able to see the color underneath it. It has a small brush applicator which makes it easy to get the corners of the mouth. The texture is comfortable to wear, isn't sticky, and has a nice wear time.

  • Lust Lipglass: Medium beige-pink, cream finish. Lipglasses have much more of a sticky texture which some people find uncomfortable to wear but that's what keeps the gloss lasting long on the lips. It also come with a doe-foot applicator instead of a brush which applies more color than the Lustreglasses.

  • Fix +: M.A.C recently came out with a Sized To Go Collection which consists of travel size versions of some of their skincare products. It's permanent in their line but I believe you can only purchase them online, at freestanding and Pro stores. I couldn't help but buy the mini Fix +, it's super cute! I like using this product after finishing my makeup to help "gel" the products together so it doesn't just sit on top of the skin. It's especially great to spray over powder foundation or finishing powders to take away the matte finish and leave your skin looking naturally dewy.

  • Lashes: I picked up another pair of #3 Lashes, which are one of my favorites, and also bought a pair of #4s. I bought it to layer with #3 and to add a little volume and thickness to them.

    Next stop was Sephora and Benefit had 2 reps by their display, offering makeup and skincare GWPs (gift with purchase). For the makeup I bought 2 Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liners which I've heard great things about. Easy to blend with a brush or your fingers, you can apply a sheer layer or build up the intensity. They're not waterproof but lasts really well on the eyes over a primer. The shades I bought were:
    • Birthday Suit: shimmery light sandy-beige
    • Skinny Jeans: shimmery medium pewter-grey
    The makeup GWP I got was a pink and purple travel bag. The mirror opens up as a stand and the 2 bags are attached by velcros. 



    My mom actually bought the skincare items but she let me keep the GWP that came with it. It's a b.right! Tried & True Skincare Teaser set that you can actually purchase on the Benefit site for a limited time. Products include:
    • Triple Performing Facial Emulsion Oil-Free SPF 15 PA++: Lightweight day-time moisturizer
    • Foamingly Clean Facial Wash: One-step, gentle cleanser for all skin types
    • It's Potent! Eye Cream: Brightens and fades dark circles

    The last product I bought from Sephora was Make Up For Ever Aqua Lip Waterproof Lipliner Pencil in Matte Dark Plum 12C. I bought this because I was looking for a purple lip pencil to go with some of the purple lipsticks I have.

    We then stopped at Nordstrom to check out the clothes. I didn't find anything but I did get a Silver Leather & Gold Chain Wrap Bracelet by Cara Accessories. My sister has been going on and on about wrap bracelets but alot of them tend to be too chunky for me. I like this one though because  it's a little more delicate and feminine. In the photo, my sister is wearing it -- isn't she a great hand model? ;)

    Lastly and my most expensive purchase of the day was a straightening iron that I bought on a whim from a kiosk by P.Y.T (Pretty Young Thing & Co.).  I always do my research in buying products but my GHD iron that I had just for over a year  had already broke so I was kind of desperate for a new one. I also don't normally buy anything from a kiosk  as the sales people are very pushy in making a sale.

    Anyway, I bought the Ceramic Styling Tool in the Pink Black Polka Dots print. Even though I'm not really a pink girl, it was one of the most tame designs they had. Some key features are:
    • 100% ceramic plates
    • 1.25 inch wide "floating plates", which is supposed to prevent crease marks on your hair and eliminate tugging when styling
    • 200˚ F-400˚ F adjustable temperature dial
    • 9 foot 360˚ swivel cord
    • Heat resistant handle that has a rigid-texture so there's no slip
    • 10 seconds to heat up
    Overall, I think it's a good styling tool and am hoping this will last me a lot longer than the GHD. You can only purchase P.Y.T products only through a P.Y.T authorized retailer, not even though their website which is http://pythair.com. I actually was able to talk to the sales guy (named Sean Kingston, no not the singer) into lowering the price and he was able to sell it to me for $125 when originally it's $250, so I got it for a pretty good deal. I told him I had a blog and would post about this styling tool, I even gave him business card!


    Those were my purchases! I'm glad I was able to find some products that I've never tried before and am really happy with everything. Do you have any new favorite products that you've bought recently?


    Glamour Girl

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts with Thumbnails