July 12, 2011

Chic Shopaholic: July 4th Week

Over the week of 4th of July, I didn't see any fireworks but I did do a little shopping with my family. Here's a compilation of what I bought.

On the 4th of July, we went to Ala Moana Shopping Center. We first stopped at Neiman Marcus as I wanted to see some of the Fall collections that are already coming out.  CHANEL had theirs out already and I bought the 33 Prelude Quadra Eye Shadow Palette. It'll be a permanent product in their line and consists of 4 neutral taupe-grey eyeshadows. The quality is pigmented, easy to blend, and great to go from a day to night look. The shades include:
  • Shimmery medium grey
  • Shimmery pale cream
  • Shimmery light grey-taupe
  • Satin dark charcoal
I also tested the new Long Wear Luminous Eyeshadows from Chanel, which have a gel-cream texture. They were so pretty, especially Illusiore, a medium shimmery purple-taupe. I think I might pick that up next time!

At Sephora, I just bought one item (shocker! I know) and that was Hourglass Femme Rouge Velvet Creme Lipstick in Whisper. It's a light neutral pinky-beige with a hint of shimmer and glossy sheen. They're moisturizing, feels comfortable on the lips and are actually water-resistant. A bonus with these lipsticks is that they're refillable and you can buy the cartridges separately.


We stopped at Forever 21 and I didn't buy any clothes but was able to find 2 rings.


Lately I've been going through a bracelet phase (thanks to my sister) and bought two bracelets at Nordstrom Rack.

I also bought a simple white cardigan which I've been looking for to go with my strapless dresses that I've bought recently.


New hair!
Later that week, I got my hair cut at Salon Blanc. It's my first time trying it out but I've read good reviews on yelp.com. My stylist was Alex and I showed her a few pictures, style of bangs and curls that I liked. I haven't  had bangs in quite some time so it was a nice subtle change in style, which is what I was looking for.

I also bought a shampoo at the salon, Kerastase Bain Volumactive. I have normal to slightly dry hair that gets a little flat so she recommended this to me. I've never bought shampoos at a salon before as they're quite expensive but thought it would be a treat to try. It feels moisturizing on the hair but not heavy or weighed down.

I also bought some products from the new M.A.C Semi Precious Collection that came out the same day I got my hair cut, but I'll review it in another post. What did you do for the 4th of July?



Glamour Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails