July 19, 2011

Chic Shopaholic: Bed Head, Forever 21, Jeans Warehouse, TheBalm, Banana Republic

This past week I did some random shopping sprees from some deals that were going on. 

First up, Kahala Mall was having a sidewalk sale over the weekend so I stopped by to see if I could get anything good.

After getting my hair done recently, I've been wanting to get more hair products and tools so I bought some from Marsha Nadalin Salon & Spa. My hair stylist recommended using a spray-in voluminizing product as it's lightweight and it'll help give some lift in my hair. I bought Bed Head Superstar Volumizing Hairspray, which you spray it under each layer of your hair when it's dry and it's supposed to add shine, build volume, and give medium-to strong hold. Just a few spritz in needed, too much and my hair starts to feel crunchy.

Even though I use and love my straightening iron to curl my hair, I've been wanting to get a regular curling iron. I bought one from Hot Tools, which many people on YouTube seem to be a fan of, in the 1-1/4 inch size.

Some key features:
  • Adjustable temperature up to 430˚ F
  • 24K Gold-plated barrel
  • Spring clamp
  • Foldaway safety stand
  • Extra-long cool tip
  • 8 foot swivel cord


I like the results I get from this curling iron and it's easy to use. It's a medium-large barrel so it creates looser, softer curls than using the straightening iron. Here's a photo of me when I styled my hair using the curling iron.


Marsha Nadalin was also selling Bed Head Make-Up and I bought a few products as I've never tried them before. I'm glad I gave them a shot because the quality is surprisingly good. Please excuse all the swipe marks on the products, I tested them out when I bought them.
  • Radiant Player Blush: pink with silver shimmer. The shimmer isn't frosty or glittery, it just adds a pretty subtle glow to the cheeks. The quality is smooth, easy to blend, and nicely pigmented.
  • Drama Queen 4-Play Eyeshadow: An eyeshadow quad that contains four frosty metallic shades. Again, the quality is smooth, easy to blend, and nicely pigmented. Colors include:
    • Shimmery deep midnight blue
    • Frosty-metallic silvery-white
    • Metallic green-teal
    • Frosty pale lilac-pink
  • Black Cyberoptics Eyeshadow: Matte black. A true black that's pigmented, has a smooth texture, and easy to blend.


The only clothes I got from the sidewalk sale was from a local store called Jeans Warehouse. I've been loving short knitted-cardigans so I got one in white.

I also bought a basic black bandeau to wear under shirts.

I went to Forever 21 that same day because my sister had to return something. We went to the one in Waikiki which is really big and has three floors. I've been looking for some blue-colored outfits and found two short-dress type that I can wear with leggings and a cardigan over it.

I also bought a cute Summery green and pink floral strapless top, which I'm wearing in the hair photo above. It makes me feel like I should go to a tea party. ;)


Some other last minute purchases I got this week was TheBalm Frat Boy, a matte medium peach-apricot shade. I've been waiting and wanting for this to arrive in my local Sephora to test it out as I have and love other TheBalm blushes. What I like about them is that it doubles as an eyeshadow, it's very pigmented, and has a smooth texture that's easy to apply and blend.

Banana Republic was having a 40% sale and I didn't buy any clothes but bought these stacked rings.

Whew! That seems quite a lot of stuff in one week... Have you gotten any good deals recently?



Glamour Girl

3 comments:

  1. I love all your purchases! Actually I got some good deals all month long. Old Navy - bought a hoodie for $2.47 , Target had clearance Sally Hansen stuff so I bought some of that, I also went into Hot Topics for some clearance stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some seriously good taste lady! <3

    mynewestaddiction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for showing what curls that size of curling iron makes!! <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails