June 09, 2011

Chic Shopaholic: Topshop

You may have noticed I've been doing quite a bit of online shopping and so my latest site is from Topshop, a brand that I first discovered during my Japan trip. It's a UK clothing brand that also sells cosmetics. I had gotten an email offering a free surprise gift bag if you ordered any makeup product. The makeup gift bag contained:
  • Facial Cleansing Wipes: 25 wipes that contain aloe vera and cucumber to cleanse, tone, and moisturize your face. You can use it to remove your makeup but it doesn't remove eye makeup, especially waterproof products, very well in my opinion. I don't use makeup wipes for everyday cleansing but find them convenient to take on trips.
  • Jet Felt Pen Eyeliner: A matte black shade, a liquid eyeliner that is supposed to be long wearing but not waterproof. The felt tip applicator is quite firm and has a nice point to create a thin or winged out line.
  • A set of colorful bobby-pins.

Now onto the actual makeup I bought...
  • Flush Blush: A cream-to-powder blush. It's a bright but somewhat sheer light matte warm pink that gives a natural "flushed" look to your cheeks. The texture is creamy, easy to blend, and lasts long.

  • Lip Stick: I've bought 3 shades before and love them because  they're creamy, pigmented, and easy to apply like a giant pencil. The other colors I've bought have a slight glossy sheen but these 2 seem to be matte. They also seem to have a drier texture but using a lip balm underneath would help in feeling a little more moisturizing. The shades seem to be limited edition as the ones I had bought previously aren't on the site anymore and so if you want to buy them, get it before it's sold out. The 2 shades I bought were:
    • Coy: matte light coral
    • Enamoured: matte light pinky-beige

  • Perpetual Semi Permanent Liner: A dark charcoal grey with a slight metallic sheen. This is a liquid liner that is waterproof, smudge-proof, and doesn't flake off. I love these kinds of liners because they're the only ones that last on me, especially on the lower lash line, I use these as a base for laying eyeshadows on top.

Last but not least item that I got from Topshop was a cropped blazer. I've never ordered clothes online before,  especially when it's from another brand and the sizes are a little different. Luckily, it fits perfectly on me and it's a great piece that I can layer over just about anything, especially if I want to dress up an outfit for the evening.

That's it for my online shopping! Do you have any favorite websites that you like to shop from? Let me know!


Jersey Cropped Jacket


Glamour Girl

2 comments:

  1. love your blog, you've got great reviews :)) come check out mine!!

    http://fixyourfacemakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Topshop! I'm really sad that we can't get their makeup products here, I really want to try them out <3 The blush and Lip Stick both look amazing :)

    http://thedollhousediary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails