June 23, 2011

Chic Shopaholic: Target, Boots No.7, Boots Botanics, Neutrogena, Sonia Kashuk

Last week I took a trip down to Target with my family, which I don't go too often as it's a bit out of town. My sister said they had some cute clothes and accessories so I thought I'd check it out. Even though it's just Target, I still managed to spend quite a bit...

First up, skincare and body products:
  • Boots Botanics Moisturizing Mask: Lately I've been wanting to try facial masks so I picked this up because it's for normal-to-dry skin types and is meant to hydrate the skin. You leave it on cleansed skin for 5-10 minutes and  remove the residue with a damp wash cloth. I really like this mask because it seems to absorb into the skin and makes my skin feel smooth and moisturized afterwards.

  • Neutrogena Energizing Citrus Sugar Scrub Body Exfoliator: With my dry skin I'm always looking for a good body scrub. I like it to have a thick texture with alot of exfoliating beads versus it just being liquid-y, nothing that's too rough on the skin, and not feel oily on the skin. This was the last one on the shelf and I've never seen it at any other drugstores but thought I'd give it a try and boy am I glad I did. The sugar crystals are gentle but still feels like it sloughs away the dead skin and leaves my skin buttery smooth but not greasy feeling. It has a pleasant lemon scent that's not overpowering. My hands feel a little slippery afterwards so I make sure to use it as my last step in my shower routine. It comes in a nice size tub as well and so I think it'll last for a long while but I'll definitely repurchase it when I run out.


Next, the makeup products:
  • Boots No.7 Khaki Stay Perfect Eye Mousse: I bought one of these before in the shade Fudge, a shimmery light neutral-brown, and really liked it so I picked up another shade, Khaki, which is a shimmery light golden khaki-green. The texture is creamy, easy to blend, and lasts well on the eyes over a base.

  • Boots No.7 20 Nude Line & Define Lip Pencil: Makeup Artist Lisa Eldridge has a Channel on YouTube and is also Creative Director for Boots No.7, created this lip liner shade for herself as she was looking for this specific color. It's a light neutral blend of pink,  peach, and brown that could work with any natural shade of lipstick or gloss. The texture is also smooth and easy to apply. It's a retractable pencil and has a little sharpener at the end so you'll always be able to create a defined lip.

  • Sonia Kashuk Eyelashes: I've bought the Full Glam Eyelashes before and have used them in my tutorials and so I thought I'd try Full Volume Eyelashes. I bought 2 Full Volumes to layer together and the result was very dense lashes but not much length. I personally like Full Glam more because it gives me the right amount of length and volume for drama but with the criss-cross design, it still looks natural.

I wasn't able to find any cute jewelry at Target but did find 2 dresses. Again, they are strapless but both have a sweetheart neckline which I think is a really cute cut. I like strapless dresses because I can layer it with a cardigan when I just want a light cover-up or a blazer to dress it up for evenings.
Mossimo Supply Co. Juniors Sweetheart
Strapless Orange/Cream Floral Dress
Xhilaration Sweetheart Strapless
Brown & Flower Dress

That's it for my haul...I think I did pretty well in finding some new favorite products, I hope to go to Target more often now. What do you like to shop for at Target?


Glamour Girl

1 comment:

  1. I still have to get that Nude lipliner, Lisa Eldridge keeps using it and I keep forgetting to get it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails